Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm looking to replace my caliper brackets as they are badly corroded, but I need some help to identify the part numbers I need.

I am in the UK and have a 2009 Nitro 2.8 Diesel SXT

I have searched online and 2 numbers keep coming up, 68003699AA (Front) and 68003775AA (Rear), but these numbers only seem to reference US models.

Is there a braking system guru out there that can help????

Cheers
Gus

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,219 Posts
In order to know for sure we need your build code.
It will either be BRY or BR6.
Unfortunately only Dodge has access to these codes.
But the good news is that if you go to a local dealer you can ask them for a copy of your "Options report". Lay-mans terms Build Sheet.
You will need your VIN, Mileage, and proof of ownership.
Some dealers will provide this info for free, some might charge a small fee.
Some will even E-mail you a PDF file you can save to a computer.
You can also just call the parts Dept. and ask them what parts you need (you will need your VIN#).

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Scar0, thanks for the info but Dodge dealership don't exist in the UK anymore, I think the we taken over by Fiat Chrysler.
I did contact Fiat, but the were very unhelpful:(

We Brits find it hard to source part for our Nitros, in the past I have bought parts from the US but it is usually trim or accessories not mechanical parts.

I have managed to source a couple of brackets from a breakers over here, which will be fine for now but I would like to get new parts in the future.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Nitro is based on a Jeep (liberty I think), but when I contacted Jeep dealers over here they don't want to know, they just try to sell me a Jeep lol.

Anyway I'm pretty confident that the part numbers in my previous post will fit so I might just try to buy them from the US and have them shipped over the pond.

thanks for your help

Cheers
Gus

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,219 Posts
The #'s you posted are for the more popular(standard) brakes.
The other option is for the oversized brakes/calipers. We have only seen a few members here (less then 5) with the oversized ones.
Do the ones from the breaker have # on them you can read?

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the brackets don't have any numbers on them that I can see, but they came from the same model (2.8 SXT Auto)
My rotors are standard size 302mm.
I had a look online and saw some steel brackets from Crown Automotive, only around $30 each, they look the same

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,219 Posts
Standard are 302mm over sized are 332mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts