Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a seized up caliper (front passenger side) for a while now and need to change it. Any recommendations as to which ones to get? What do you guys use?

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,606 Posts
Wilwood or Baer are some of the best.

Reactions: Basshead4life

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I got the caliper replaced. However, I'm still getting a gritty grinding noise when braking right before stopping in the front right passenger side (same side as I just replaced brakes, rotors, and caliper). Any ideas? I've read thru everything and saw something about it could be the ESP?

·
Registered
609 Posts
My front passenger caliper just seized tonight. My wife drives it but less than 2miles to work. She said she heard a noise a week ago but nothing until I drove tonight. Got to dinner and it was stinking bad. Got back home and jacked up the front and sure enough, it’s stuck. I had the rear passenger go bad a year ago or so. Need to locate and change it out.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
When my LF seized up. I pulled caliper assy, and took the pads off, then pressed on the brake pedal to extend the piston. Not to much as I didn't want it to pop out.
Then I peeled back the piston boot and used a little WD-40 and a nylon brush to clean the crud that was built up on the piston wall. Washed it down with brake parts cleaner when I was done scrubbing.
The crud on it looked like maybe road dirt and/or pad dust. Must have gotten a little moisture in there to make it into cement when I did not drive the Nitro for several warm days.
My labor is cheap(to me ;)), so that beats giving $ to someone else for parts I really didn't need.
Anyway, Its been fine ever since I cleaned it off.

Reactions: Nitrogen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts