Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was obviously an issue with the early releases of some of the 3.7 Nitros. I am interested in getting an R/T with the 4.0 and I was wondering if anyone was have any similar issues with the different engine. I haven't seen any posts about it but I was real curious.

Anyone who has an 4.0 R/T please post your experiences. Thanks everyone in advance.

-Lil'

·
Registered
57 Posts
3.7s have the 4speed Auto, the 4.0s have the 6speed Auto. It is my understanding that the 6speed Auto has some history with the SRT-8s so I believe it won't have the problems that the 4speed Autos. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
46 Posts
3.7s have the 4speed Auto, the 4.0s have the 6speed Auto. It is my understanding that the 6speed Auto has some history with the SRT-8s so I believe it won't have the problems that the 4speed Autos. Just my two cents.
Hmmmm..I looked around and can't find any info on a 6speed auto.....but lots of info on the 5speed auto for the 4.0L engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an R/T and have not noticed what other people have been talking about. I do notice when it's very cold (25 degrees or less), the shifting is a little more abrupt but no shuddering or surging. I noticed in another thread that it may be a manufactured date thing... Mine was built 12/06.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Picked up my Sunburst Orange R/T last night. I guess I will get to see for myself. I will post if I notice anything.

-Lil'
Congrats on the R/T. I haven't seen an orange one yet. Could you please post pics of the interior and exterior in a new thread. I don't think your going to have tranny problems. Your R/T tranny is different than the 3.7s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have an R/T and have not noticed what other people have been talking about. I do notice when it's very cold (25 degrees or less), the shifting is a little more abrupt but no shuddering or surging. I noticed in another thread that it may be a manufactured date thing... Mine was built 12/06.
I am getting the same 'problem'. It's nothing serious (I hope) but is not the smoothest transfer from gears I have experienced. Like you said, it appears to be worse when it is colder. Hopefully, that means there will not be a problem this summer when it's 90 degrees and I'm towing my jet skis. Have you asked the dealer about it or are you just asumming that it's normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, since that last post I have noticed a little bit more. It seems that right at 30 mph, I get a lag or loss of power and then it kicks in like a surge or a bump. I have not taken it in to see about it yet due to time constraints but I plan on taking in copies of the items from this forum so they can read about them if they haven't heard about it already...... It is still much more noticeable in colder weather but I want to get it fixed before spring when they won't be able to feel it during a test drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, since that last post I have noticed a little bit more. It seems that right at 30 mph, I get a lag or loss of power and then it kicks in like a surge or a bump. I have not taken it in to see about it yet due to time constraints but I plan on taking in copies of the items from this forum so they can read about them if they haven't heard about it already...... It is still much more noticeable in colder weather but I want to get it fixed before spring when they won't be able to feel it during a test drive.
Let me know what they have to say. My dealer is about an hour away and it is tough to find the time to get there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.