Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have been looking into the Nitro for quite some time. I was wondering if anyone had got the canadian invoice prices for all the models. I'm looking at either the slt or possibly r/t.

Could you also post aprox. the price you paid for your model and the features you got with it.

How much bargaining was done to get your vehicle or what did you ask for?

Is the extended waranty something you can ask to be thrown in at no cost?

Any information on your purchases would be great in order to help me get the nitro that I want without the fear of being ripped off!

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got the SLT. We got Cloth seats, leather is in-pratical with two dogs, and a trailer tow package. We got a $ 2,000 discount, and also have the up-graded stereo thrown in. Before Taxes, we paid $ 34,588. (Love the YES Essentials Fabric) Just a plain and simple Black, Nitro. We also bought for $ 200 (employee discount), a package that would do your oil changes and tune-ups for free up to 5 years or 100,000km.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You paid 34,588 yet when you go to build and price on the dodge web site the total is 32,315 with the features you have mentionned. Was the vehicle more than the mrsp avertised on the web site? Just trying to figure out numbers. Maybe I screwed something up! Anyways, congrats on your purchase! Yopefully I'll be able to get one in '07

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the buy, but I second MattyP on the price thing. What impressed me was that on the site, I could get a fully-loaded R/T (minus leather...but this may change) for $36K. I mean, that was EVERYTHING (except leather and smokers...), including all upgrades (stereo, towing...).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yup, You are correct. But you lose 6 to 8 MPG both highway and city and you start with 20" wheels that are ugly and useless in our winter climate.
The dual exhaust will be avail aftermarket for the SLT soon and I will be installing 22" for the summer anyhow. And I have it now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yup, You are correct. But you lose 6 to 8 MPG both highway and city and you start with 20" wheels that are ugly and useless in our winter climate.
The dual exhaust will be avail aftermarket for the SLT soon and I will be installing 22" for the summer anyhow. And I have it now.
Ah, well that would be where we differ.

I am a firm believer in summer/winter tires. So my 20" Chrome rims would be stored for the Winter and I would have a set of basic steelies with winter tires. I have only ever had 3 big complaints about my Neon, the cheap-a$$ tires(performance cheap....freaking things are $175 each last time I priced!) were one of them. I only used them one winter and it was enough to convince me that DC skimped too much there. Bought a set of $300 winter tires, lasted 4 years on a set of $50 '84 Lazer 15" 'Swiss Cheese' rims. Still using those rims now (2nd set of winter tires now).

And loss of mileage? Not a concern of mine. I'll take the trade off in HP :) Besides, I'm always working on improving mileage in my cars. My Neon can get just over 600kms per tank (pushing 400 miles). Few other 2nd gen Neon owners can claim that. Keep in mind that it is an automatic (k-car based tranny).

I suspect that given time, such tweaks will work their way out onto the Net that will improve mileage on Nitro, in fact many of the ones I have used for the Neon I'm sure will work for the Nitro. Looking forward to testing that :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.