Dodge Nitro Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
you could upload your pics to "your media" then select them in your new post or thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bill before you start taking things apart, with the ignition ON (enine not running), when you press the brake pedal can you hear the electronic latch RELEASE at the shifter, ( you should hear a clicking sound) ??.
So I’m having this problem where I can’t hear the electrical switch. What would my problem be? Mind you it’s 2022 and it’s about -2 with a 30mph wind.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
most common cause of this would be a faulty brake switch, Don't remove the brake switch it could make things worse ( it works on a rachet type system) you can test the switch with a multimeter before buying a new one, or have it tested by an auto electrician

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay those are pics from the gear shifter I removed from my 2008 Nitro SXT. The transmission was stuck in neutral and the shifter stuck in park. After following this thread from 2016 I figured the problem was the broken pink lever or the spring that connects to it. As you can see, there is no 2nd pink lever in this unit as seen in all the other Dodge units I've seen. This unit doesn't separate like one from a Charger, it's a one piece assembly. So since I don't see anything broken my problem must be from something else. I could take my chances and order a replacement for about $300 but I don't know. Anyway maybe these pics will help someone else, seeing as there doesn't seem to be any others ever seen. Ughh.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts