Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum,

was happy to receive some new brake front brake hoses for my nervy ridge from UK. No fun with custums and had a heavy upload of charge by tax and shipping. Anyway, i was happy and started work ..

Body jewelry Audio equipment Necklace Gadget Data transfer cable

But after having removed the front wheel and after a closer look at the connector i was stunned.

Water Artifact Automotive tire Material property Wood

How the hell could i open this connector when there is no hex nut area on the upper side. This thing is so poor for hex wrenchens and i tried ... but i stopped.

Only brute force would open if there is a way to disassemble. But reflecting the situation i guess that brake line and brake hose is all in one part, not possible to put apart.

What is the solution? Did anybody suceed to open this fucking connector?

Let's guess and any help without jigsaw is welcome!

Fritz

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Jan you are right. Thank you for your knowledge.

They did it by one single part. The stupid thing is, the brake line diameter is NOT standard aize 4,75 mm (3/16 inch), it is 5,15 mm measure taken at the coated line.

I do not find any fitting to connect the brake hose by easy means. May be i will have to rebuild the feed line with diameter 4,75 mm in order to use standard flare tools.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jan, i didn't check the material with an magnet. If the lines are steel and very rigid, i will not suceed to flare this line.

Very usefull hint. 👍

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, i would be happy if this would work. There is a cone inside, you are right..

As far as I understood, you say the OEM brake line is steel and not easy, even Impossible to flare?

I shall have a closer look at the existing OEM line and its routing. If it is easy to remove i will do this in autumn this year. I have no time pressure, because the lines are not wrinkled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts