Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ken,

Goot to note about the stealth antennas. I had considered one for my wife's car as well as this nitro when I first got it. Talked to several FBI and border agents using the stealths and they haven't had the best of luck with 'em either.

Wedge,
I posted somewhere on here about a few different antenna options. I'll find the link for ya as the sti-co was my best other option (it actually replaces the AM-FM antenna). I am sure you can get it for the frequency range of CB's and STILL keep your AM-FM.

Heck if you could do the work when the wife's not home, she'll never even know it's there!
That Sti-co sounds like a better option. The one I had was a box with a splitter and an adjustble antenna matcher that connected to the OEM FM antenna.

I was able to get the SWR into a reasonalble range, but it just did not radiate much power.

The gadget I used also hurt the AM radio range, altough FM is fine.

Ken

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the help, but thats not what I am looking for. Guest I such have been more specific. I am looking for something that has no shaft, kinda like what a XM or GPS antenna looks like. My wife doesn't want a big steal or fiberglass antenna stuck ot the top of her SUV.
Here is another option: a though the glass Cell-phone lookalike:
http://www.claysradioshop.com/citizensband_valor-antennas.htm

I have never used one, but my guess is that it would not be that great given that 27Mhz is kind of low to couple through glass. I had one of these for my police scanner and it worked well on VHF and up, but wa marginal in the 40-50MHz low band.

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody installed a CB?

If so what type of antenna did you use and on what location did you mount it?

How about the radio? Not much under dash space.

Ken
I just installed mine and this is how it looks with a normal hood bracket bent straight and UHF was only Gunna fit there for my liking.

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts