Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i go tearing the front of my nitro apart...again.
does anyone who has aftermarket projector headlights know if LED bulbs will fit inside the projector?
the brand i'm looking at, the seller sent me picture measurements of the LED bulbs and i already know i'm going to have to do some more slight modifications to cover on the backside of my headlights for them to work. but i don't want to buy the LED bulbs and the bulb half not fit into the projectors.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,508 Posts
You may need to check with the headlight manufacturer. My guess is that you have the ANZO CCFL's. I would suggets converting them to HID. The ANZO headlights use the HID H1 bulb with the HID conversion kit. And on the Nitro, they can olnly be set up as single beam vs. dual beam.

HID are usually brighter than LED, but LED aren't as fragile, and usually last longer. Your choice, Patrick. :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may need to check with the headlight manufacturer. My guess is that you have the ANZO CCFL's. I would suggets converting them to HID. The ANZO headlights use the HID H1 bulb with the HID conversion kit. And on the Nitro, they can olnly be set up as single beam vs. dual beam.

HID are usually brighter than LED, but LED aren't as fragile, and usually last longer. Your choice, Patrick. :)
i have HID's installed now. Mine originally came with Halogen H7 low beam and Halogen H1 high beam.
i installed 4D CREE LED pods for high beam and i made the mistake for buying "some what cheap" 55W HID's for the projectors. But i noticed the light output seems to be less than it was from when i first installed the HID's.
since i changed out high and low beams i have a custom made Dual Raley Harness.
HID's may be brighter but they take a little to warm up. my service manager has some LED headlights that are crazy bright!! brighter than my HID's!! i'm planing to use the same brand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts