Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if i share the Halo projector headlights i customized. I fid share the light output i do remember. But i have good news.
The Halo headlights i have now, i broke two retaining clips on the inside that hold the inside in place pretty much. Well since those two clips broke my driver side headlights aims down more than it should and i can't find the same clips anywhere online. So i just purchased a new set of headlights.
Since i'm a eBay member and PayPal member i recieved a 20% off coupon through ebay but only allowed to use it when paying through paypal and only on certain automotive items. So i paid $189.99 for a new set....A lot cheaper than the first set i purchased and kinda messed up :\

I will be posting some updates.
Updates how i re-install the LED pods, LED Demon eyes, how to fix the squared off notch that the projector light throws out, i will be removing the Halos (not a big fan, i just like the projector output) i will be switching from HID to LED H7 bulbs. I'll post a picture of the harness i use and if i have to change it a little.

Attachments

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,513 Posts
Anxious to see what you come up with, Patrick. I just installed CCFL's in my Nitro. The ones I bought have LED turn signals. I really like them well! :D

Reactions: Patrick Lang

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anxious to see what you come up with, Patrick. I just installed CCFL's in my Nitro. The ones I bought have LED turn signals. I really like them well! :D
I would like the LED turn signal ones if they came with switchback LEDS.
But i have a way of doing that with this new set. Only down side is the LED switch back strip/bar that fits in place is roughly $50 for a set/kit.

Reactions: 7UDO

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This set might take a little longer to get them perfect but it will be worth it!:D:D:D

·
2,513 Posts
The headlight assemblies I bought are already wired up & ready to go. Completely plug & play. The LED relays are mounted with double-back tape & then plug into the Headlight assembly. Very simple and easy to install. :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the ones i bought have the LED resistor pack on the back side for the Halos.
But i'm not leaving these they way they come. I'm taking them apart and redoing them similar to how i have mine now

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Please, can anybody make for me the photo of the rear side? I'm curious if there is a connection rod to connect the levelling piece that is a must have here.
It seems factory headlights for US/Eu are same, but US mising electric motor piece.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Please, can anybody make for me the photo of the rear side? I'm curious if there is a connection rod to connect the levelling piece that is a must have here.
It seems factory headlights for US/Eu are same, but US mising electric motor piece.
US version is also missing the small bulb, inside the and under the main headlight bulb, the UK guys have. Not sure if all Euro Nitro have those.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
are you talking about the screwdriver adjustment piece? Yes it has that
No, In Europe the Nitro has electric adjusting headlights, via a button in the cab. From what I understand, Its not really a full auto adjust, but 2 preset settings to allow for loads like towing. Standard height and pointing lower.
Hopefully a Euro owner will chime in on this and correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd love to see Pics of the actual set up if anyone has some they'd like to share.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Exactly as Scar0 said.
I might post pictures if interested. Next to seat heating button is a headlight adjusting button that allows you 3 steps of lowering the headloghts aimpoint to protect opposite direction drivers. 1st is usually normal, 2nd for heavy passengers on rear seats. 3rd full trunk + trailer.
Screw hole is there too, but it is for zeoring them.
UK and EU are aligned and same from requirements pont of view.
W5w small bulb is called parking light. For example BMW got angel eyes approved as parking bulb.
As private you can't get such approval ,however as Nitro is US car and uncommon here, Police wouldn't question halo's used instead parking bulb, because they can't refer to factory setup.
For Hid/Xenon it is impossible to legally retrofit. Autolevelling is must have and headlights washers is must have. So of police notices 5000kelvin light and cant find washer nozzle they just ask you to open the hood - they notice 3rd party device and you're done.
CZ - ticket at least.
GERMANY - ticked and disallowed to continue - remove and put approved bulbs immediately or tow service back.(happened to friend of mine $300 ticket and back by tran to return with approved headlights - he modified them too much on his car so the H4 didn't fit there anymore)

Too many typo's I'm on mobile phone. Sorry.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
I was close.. So it has 3 preset positions. Cool to know.
Thanks lt.kubosh

Its funny the terminology here to there. Over here what we call park lights, are under the headlight (part of turn signal, but dimmer and constantly "on" in any exterior light "on" setting on the stalk) and rear lamps "on" with headlights "off".

Sorry for jacking your thread Patrick.
Looking forward to your Pics of the project.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seen the halo headlights and I am seriously considering purchasing them.. Are they xenon bulbs then for the main lights?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seen the halo headlights and I am seriously considering purchasing them.. Are they xenon bulbs then for the main lights?
I believe most of them come with Halogen bulbs for low and high beams (h7 and h1 bulbs) or at least both sets i have purchased came with halogens

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really interested to see the outcome of whether these are legal in the UK. Glad to know they can be purchased for that price. Last time I looked I found them in the US for near £500 Inc shipping and only slightly cheaper from Germany..

·
2,513 Posts
Cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) is what is in the Halo headlights. Mine also have LED turn signals with load resitors and CCFL balasts already installed from the manufacturer. The wiring on mine were all direct plug in with no modifications other than the Halo's themselves. The Halo's in mine had separate (+/-) wiring that you tap into the desired source/function. A lot of folks tie them into the marker/parking lights. I ran mine directly to a dash switch, so I can use them when I want. I use them as DRL's quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts