Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering because I have noticed it for awhile now. Does everyones elses cd player spin when they get in the car? I open the door sit down and can hear the cd running (there isnt a cd in it) just spinning. Without the key in the ignition.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Are you sure its not the internal cooling fan?

I noticed mine makes a fan noise when on AUX mode, as I use the Iphone. Even when its not being used I can hear the fan unless I turn it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine sounds like it's trying to eject a cd even without the keys in it. And there is no cd in it.and my battery keeps going dead over night.unless i unhook it every night

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Mine sounds like it's trying to eject a cd even without the keys in it. And there is no cd in it.and my battery keeps going dead over night.unless i unhook it every night
when you reconnect the vehicles battery the CD player performs a self test, it automaticly runs the cd changer mechanism (last for about 60 seconds).

·
Registered
7 Posts
when you reconnect the vehicles battery the CD player performs a self test, it automaticly runs the cd changer mechanism (last for about 60 seconds).
I've disconnected the battery and it still does it the whole time I'm in the car off and on even without the key in it

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
oh thats not good, i'll try and find a solution that may help you out,

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
you could try removing fuse M10 this controls the radio, and fuse M12 controls the AMP (if you have one), see if this stops the battery been drained.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took the fuse out last night for the radio and my car started fine but does that mean i need another radio or what cause i don't wanna have to keep taking fuses out? Any ideas on what to do..its a single disc mp3
you could try removing fuse M10 this controls the radio, and fuse M12 controls the AMP (if you have one), see if this stops the battery been drained.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
removing the fuse was just to proove the radio was draining the battery, and so you don't have to disconnect the battery all the time, if you want to listen to your radio them put the fuse back in, your choice.
not sure if the radio can be fixed, never heard of anyone having this issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
removing the fuse was just to proove the radio was draining the battery, and so you don't have to disconnect the battery all the time, if you want to listen to your radio them put the fuse back in, your choice.
not sure if the radio can be fixed, never heard of anyone having this issue
That's what i have to do is remove it at night.. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts