Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how to get a stuck CD out of the radio, I keep pressing the eject button but no soap..I tried using a butter knife but no luck...if I cant get the CD out then ill replace the radio...how do you remove the radio???

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,487 Posts
Hello Deanb62,

Generally when a CD gets stuck it is caused by a stretched drive belt, or a mechanical malfunction inside the CD player. It is possible to have it repaired, but in most cases it is better to just replace the head unit. Cost for repair of a faulty CD player can run almost as much as it would cost to replace the head unit.

To remove a stuck CD, here is youtube video on one method of removal which may work for you. However, it may not.

I have used this method myself with good success. I have also found that clear packing tape seems to work the best.

Hope this helps! ;)

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
you could try a Vehicle computer reset: disconnect NEGATIVE battery lead for 30 minutes then reconnect.
i don't know if all Nitro's do this but whenever i reconnect my battery my radio runs through a self test.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Try pressing the eject and power button at the same time.

Reactions: Metaldog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Start from the top. You’ll need a Phillips head screw driver and a little finesse. 2 screws under the soft rubber change holder at the top. 4 anchoring the unit. The finesse comes in with the cover. work top to bottom using your fingers as a sort of wedge. Should be able to grab the cd once you take the cover of but if not be sure not to pinch any wire when you put everything back. Bottom to top. Use at own risk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all for the replies, CD came out finally by itself...I will not put another CD in again...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
I found cheap Cd's will warp when they get warm.The HU in the Nitro does get warm from the heater.
Anyway, glad you got it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts