Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Good Morning...New Here, in West Texas Hill Country:wave: . Just bought a 2007 SXT Nitro. Love the ride, the confort and room. Lt Kahki in color. Can anyone help? Tried to use Dodge Truck manual, that didn't work. When the vehicle reaches 15 mph that the doors lock, that is what I am wanting to disengauge.
My SXT doesn't have the EVIC and the book does not explain how to disengauge the lock. Thanks for your help...

· Registered
169 Posts
Congrats on your new Nitro, CDeer!

Looks like the SXT B package doesn't have anything on the dash, the SXT C package gets the temp/compass display, and the SLT and R/T packages have the EVIC. I don't know how to set that option on the Nitro without the EVIC, but hopefully it's like quite a few other cars where you do some hokey pokey dance with the key and press a button, rather than visiting the dealer.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Here are the features that can be changed with the RKE fob. Unfortunetely not the rolling locks.

RKE TRANSMITTER CUSTOMER PREFERENCES
AUTOMATIC (ROLLING) LOCKS
The rolling locks feature can be toggled ON/OFF by using the scan tool only.

HORN CHIRP DISABLING / ENABLING
The horn chirp can be toggled using the scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

To DISABLE (cancel) the horn chirp feature, press and hold the transmitter LOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the LOCK button in, press the UNLOCK button. Release both buttons.

To ENABLE the horn chirp feature, repeat the above procedure.

OPTICAL CHIRP (FLASH) DISABLING / ENABLING
The optical chirp can be toggled using the scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

To DISABLE (cancel) the optical chirp feature, press and hold the transmitter LOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the LOCK button in, press the TAILGATE RELEASE button. Release both buttons.

To ENABLE the optical chirp feature, repeat the above procedure.

TAIL GATE RELEASE DELAY
Press the UNLOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the UNLOCK button, press the TAIL GATE RELEASE button. Release both buttons.

This will toggle between PRESS AND HOLD and PRESS (no delay).

UNLOCK SEQUENCE
The unlock sequence can be toggled using the scan tool or by using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

Press and hold the transmitter UNLOCK button for four to ten seconds. While pressing the UNLOCK button in, press the LOCK button. Release both buttons.

This will toggle between Driver door first and Unlock all doors function.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, we tried that and we are "still in the dark" or "lights are on but nobodys home" methiod. We have a 2001 4wd truck and they do change their ways, too many computer nerds, it did not work No insults intended to the computer nerds!

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
auto door lock after 15 moh

Thanks to all that helped me out...I'm going to try this after it stops raining. Can't complain about the rain, it's been WAAAAY too long for that. Was a puzzled situation for me. Have a good one. CDeer.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
Thanks to all that helped me out...I'm going to try this after it stops raining. Can't complain about the rain, it's been WAAAAY too long for that. Was a puzzled situation for me. Have a good one. CDeer.
What's to try, you can't disable the rolling locks, it can only be done at the dealer with a scantool. What I posted is what can be done with just the RKE fob.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I got on the forum tonight to see if I could "enable" the automatic unlock when the driver door opens on my new SXT Nitro. The auto lock is enabled as indicated earlier in this series of posts, and I like that feature, but I want it to unlock automatically too. Has anyone heard whether or not that feature can be changed at the dealer, or even better, by the user?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.