Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all needs done to change the cluster from (Canadian fabricated) KM cluster to US cluster with MPH? The car is Canadian originally but has since been titled in the US and now we want to sell it In the US but it may be better to sell with a MPH cluster. Can you just change the cluster face on OEM cluster without completely changing cluster because I’ve read in here new clusters need programmed to VIN. Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
You can change only the face, but odometer would still be in kilometers. I have changed cluster 3 times, no programming was needed. Just make sure you use cluster from same equipment car: EVIC, engine type etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn’t even think about the odometer. It’s a friends car that’s moving back to Canada so she doesn’t wanna deal with re-titling it again. Will changing the cluster put the odometer into miles automatically or does that ultimately run through the ECU?

·
Registered
202 Posts
If cluster is in miles, the odometer will be in miles, automatically. But new odo will be incorrect.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Jay.sav33. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Kph/Km Vs Mph/miles is programmed into the computers.
If you have the advanced EVIC this can be set by you.
Press and release the MENU button until Personal Settings
displays in the EVIC. Then scroll to;
Display Units of Measure in
The EVIC, odometer, and navigation system (if
equipped) can be changed between English and Metric
units of measure. To make your selection, press and
release the FUNCTION SELECT button until “US” or
“METRIC” appears.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,842 Posts
Bummer, it was worth a try. Thanks for checking @Jan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So going from KM's to MPH, wouldn't the ECU be programmed to track KM's? Simply swapping out the cluster probably wouldn't change how the car tracks distance. I would assume you would still need some sort of ECU flash right? Is this something only the dealer can do? I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with Fords but i can use a program called FORscan on my F-150 and off my laptop I can do a lot. Is there anything like that for these Nitros?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Milage is stored in bits and bytes. Control units convert them. Just replace it and you are fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts