Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Loose body bolts? - I have to check.
Loose Fender bolts? - I have to check.
Loose or weak Body bushings? - I have to check.
I have to discuss with workshop manual, I'm not sure where they're exactly located.

Weak or worn suspension bushings? No all front axle bushings are new.

Bunitemt> How old are your front shocks? Mine are 49%/52%, so I have to replace them anyway, but below they describe something that might make sense - shocks can be the source of the noise. Yesterday I did WD40 madness - generously sprayed the upper shock mount location, lower fork mount location and upper and lower spring seating, then I left the car in a garage for the whole day. Noise didn't go away completely, but it was rare - on very few bumps. While it was only one ride, I don't have empirical data, but I believe we should investigate this option.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=240199

·
Registered
37 Posts
Loose body bolts? - I have to check.
Loose Fender bolts? - I have to check.
Loose or weak Body bushings? - I have to check.
I have to discuss with workshop manual, I'm not sure where they're exactly located.

Weak or worn suspension bushings? No all front axle bushings are new.

Bunitemt> How old are your front shocks? Mine are 49%/52%, so I have to replace them anyway, but below they describe something that might make sense - shocks can be the source of the noise. Yesterday I did WD40 madness - generously sprayed the upper shock mount location, lower fork mount location and upper and lower spring seating, then I left the car in a garage for the whole day. Noise didn't go away completely, but it was rare - on very few bumps. While it was only one ride, I don't have empirical data, but I believe we should investigate this option.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=240199

my entire suspension is brand new , less than 15,000 miles on it, i replaced every moving/rubbing part ( bushings , shocks , isolators , links, ) her transmission just went out so im having a manufactured one installed right now.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
my entire suspension is brand new , less than 15,000 miles on it, i replaced every moving/rubbing part ( bushings , shocks , isolators , links, ) her transmission just went out so im having a manufactured one installed right now.
Was everything final torqued with the weight of the rig on it?

I also just remembered a past squeak thread. They mentioned the seat belt latch rubbing on the center console between the front seats, and another one about loose seat mounting bolts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was everything final torqued with the weight of the rig on it?

I also just remembered a past squeak thread. They mentioned the seat belt latch rubbing on the center console between the front seats, and another one about loose seat mounting bolts.

also my sub woofer will make it make the sound , so i downloaded a tone generator app and was able to make it rattle constantly , but i was on the go and my transmission went out so im waiting to get it back to test it again

·
Registered
37 Posts
oh and off topic im about to install air when i get her back , independent controlled rear overload bags with a 110 psi tank and an air chuck

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Spring is here and chirping too... 49F and noise is here all the time. :mad:
I'm about to sell the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can you make the sound with an N Park turned off but with a heavy Bass song playing at different frequencies

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Do you mean car standing not driving and invoke the noise by radio? I'll try that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes , like turn the ignition accessory put on a heavy Bass song Crank It Up put some earplugs in so we don't hurt yourself, better yet download a tone generator app and go through the lower end frequencies until you can hear it vibrate, I know I can do that with mine around 60 hertz but I do have a subwoofer and can crank it up higher than normal

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got my truck back from getting the transmission replaced with a brand new one I'm very happy for that but now I am out in the field working and still have not been given enough time from work to track down and fix this problem

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ok, I'll try.

Did you take down instrument cluster too or only passenger airbag?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both, I have ruled out the instrument cluster and the passenger side airbag is the source of the noise

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So you found it? Passenger airbag?
Loosen or internal noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a noise like this also. Ended up being the passenger seat. Haven’t messed with it makes noises on occasions. Shook the hell out of the seat to verify the concern. Sat in the driver seat reached over and grabed the passenger head rest and shook it. Makes same exact noise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So you found it? Passenger airbag?
Loosen or internal noise?

No , I said I checked the passenger airbag and then I found nothing wrong with it. I'm still in the field and have not been able to get back to my Nitro to do to the subwoofer test and then push a borescope into the dash and find it

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a noise like this also. Ended up being the passenger seat. Haven’t messed with it makes noises on occasions. Shook the hell out of the seat to verify the concern. Sat in the driver seat reached over and grabed the passenger head rest and shook it. Makes same exact noise.

I had that noise as well, this particular sound we are trying to track down is not coming from the the worn out latch on the passenger seat

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
No , I said I checked the passenger airbag and then I found nothing wrong with it. I'm still in the field and have not been able to get back to my Nitro to do to the subwoofer test and then push a borescope into the dash and find it
Sorry, is was misguided by wording. Lost in translation, I interpreted it as two separate statements. :( I have ruled out the instrument cluster and the passenger side airbag is the source of the noise

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
i had a slight noise like that, on the dashboard but near the drivers door, turned out to be the air vent, i could push the vent with my finger and the noise would stop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have this same "rattle" that sounds like it's coming from behind the radio. I've pulled out the center console 3 times trying to find it, but no luck. There's a hard plastic plate of some kind under the radio that just rests there that i thought might be the cause, but no joy. I tried wedging the plastic cowling that's under the wipers, resting on the windshield. Also no joy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have this same "rattle" that sounds like it's coming from behind the radio. I've pulled out the center console 3 times trying to find it, but no luck. There's a hard plastic plate of some kind under the radio that just rests there that i thought might be the cause, but no joy. I tried wedging the plastic cowling that's under the wipers, resting on the windshield. Also no joy.

My current theory is plastic parts inside the air vent housing , like deep in the dash , or a loose part in the firewall or associated with the windshield pr molding around it , the blow dryer at the car wash will set it off , and my subwoofer , are 2 things I can do to make the sound wothowi the vehicle moving

21 - 40 of 51 Posts