Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

Well, I decided to splurge a bit and get myself the chrome bug deflector and slush mats for my Khaki SLT. The dealer is great, and very customer friendly. They called me last week, and I set the date for this morning. I went there, expecting it to take about an hour - at about the 45 minute point, the rep told me that they were having a bit of trouble getting the deflector on, but should be ok, just taking a bit more time. After about another half hour, he came to me and told me that "we have some bad news...this was the first one we've installed and the tech dented your hood...we are going to take it to a body shop rather than do the quick dent removal we do here (YIKES!:eek: )." He asked if I wanted to take a look, I declined not wanting to sob uncontrollably:shakehead: (kidding)....anyway they gave me a 300 and said it would be a day or two.

I really trust these guys and know that this happens...just wanted to share with you the fun of my Nitro experience.:rolleyes:

Hopefully, I will be able to take pics of the new installation this weekend (if the weather holds)....and maybe even try to get some glamour shots for the baby as well!:D

BTW, got new plates that will say "K PADRE 1" - it'll be fine (I hope!).

I'll let you know when I get it back.

Thanks for letting me vent and lament!

Rich

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
It pays to take your vehicle back to the Dealer. Years ago when I was Parts Manager at a Chrysler Dealership I had customers that would complain about some service they had received and that they had to pay someone else to fix it correctly! When I asked why they didn't return to have it repaired free ?, they never had a good answer. Yes Dealers make mistakes, too. But unless times have changed (5 Star Ratings) they do back their service and parts and will do you right. You could have saved a little by doing the work yourself or taken it somewhere else and in the long run cost you more. Sure they will have no problem doing the repair and that will be backed up by the Dealer too. Good Luck (don't really think you need it) and enjoy your new Nitro. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Chiowner, i to leave in Chicago and would like to get the bug deflector on my Silver SLT. Let me know how it turn out. Send pic. However i had bad luck with the dealer i purchase it. Would not take there.. Will keep and eye on that "K PADRE 1" on the street. Good LUCK..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sorry to hear they dinged your truck , but if they fix it right I guess all is good.I've been thinking about getting the tinted bug deflector ( vent shades & rear spoiler are tinted.) like to see your setup when finished.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just doing the chrome bug deflector (at least right now - unless they come up with chrome all around - hmmmmm:rolleyes: )....like I said, I trust that they will do me right (they know I am a priest, so if I am not happy, I'll just sic the Big Guy on 'em!:D )....and if I get it before that orb in the sky they call the sun decides to vanish again for a few weeks, I hope to get some nice shots using the 'hood, the beach and the skyline....

peace,
Rich

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with you. That is why I am sticking with them. As I stated, this stuff happens - it is a bit annoying - but if they fix it, then everything works out.

But I miss my baby!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The dealers are not the "bad guys". They do want to make good (as danpfay99 said) and have you come back. I had my bug deflector (and some sweeeet rock rails) installed this morning and they had no trouble with the deflector but asked me to come to the service bay to consult on the rock rail installation. They wanted to know if I wanted the rails mounted low (away from the body) or high (up close to the body).

I wanted them to look at a door sensor that was not working and the service manager said they didn't have the part required in stock and didn't charge me for the 2 hours of labour to install my parts.

He didn't have to do that, but it was a savings of $140 approximately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.