Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Chrome Fuel Filler Door for Christmas (along with a chrome bugshield and sunroof air deflector). It seemed easy to install (as the others where pretty easy as well), but I can't for the life of me get the two screws holding the original loose. :shy: And I don't want to strip them. Could anyone give me any advise for getting them loose? I'll post some pictures once I get everything finished.

·
Registered
172 Posts
there are many tools that can do that, but if your writing this I assume you dont have them. One shadetree mechanic's way is to tap the end of the screw driver with a mallet while turning it . This usually works for me in most cases. If that doesn't work, My choice is a air hammer with a Lester tool. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've tried 2 cordless drills (14.4 and 19.2)... neither was strong enough. I also tried attaching the T30 to a ratchet... and still no luck. I'm going to stop by a local body shop and see if they can help me out. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of all the accessories on later this week. I really like the looks of the chrome on black. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yep. Sadly they used the same thing I had tried... a ratchet. Oh well, I knew them and they didn't charge me anything to install it. I'm really happy with how everything looks. Now come on UPS with the slush floor mats...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.