Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone else noticed any problems with the drivers seat crimping and fading against the plastic side piece? I have a white mark and a crimp right where I turn and step out of the vehicle. I think that it is poor seat design myself and I can only see it wearing out prematurely. Any thoughts are appreciated. Purchase on 9/25/06, 19 miles at time of purchase and now has 3600.:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seats

My last three Dodge trucks did that also.

I had to get some door edge protector (black) and place it on the edges of the plastic were the leather (in my case) was rubbing on the plastic. That took car of the crimping.:loser1:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Well stranger, I am 6' and about 245....like I said the wife drives it more than me, however we now have about 4300 miles and I looked this afternoon. No crimping and no marking. The plastic felt smooth where it contacts the seat side . Maybe yours is a little rough from the molding process. May want to check that. And Ramman came up with the easy fix. Add some protection if the plastic is a little rough.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The services manager looked at my seats this morning, took some pictures and is going to send them to HQ for evaluation. He did agree that this is not normal for such a young vehicle. I just broke 4000 yesterday. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Has anyone else noticed any problems with the drivers seat crimping and fading against the plastic side piece? I have a white mark and a crimp right where I turn and step out of the vehicle. I think that it is poor seat design myself and I can only see it wearing out prematurely. Any thoughts are appreciated. Purchase on 9/25/06, 19 miles at time of purchase and now has 3600.:i_rolleyes:
Noticed today that the seats in our Nitro are getting creased the same way and looking prematurely worn. Our Nitro has 3900kms, so not many miles. Wondering if others here have noticed if their seats are doing the same since this was originally posted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to my dealership and the service manager took pictures and sent them into Dodge for evaluation. I have an appointment on March 13, 2007 to get the seat cover replaced under warranty. I'd suggest taking it in and having your service manager do the same thing.

Good Luck.

G

·
You should get some nerf bars or running boards to step into the truck . I could see how , if I wasnt careful , someone could crease it like that if they were just "rolling " off the seat when they got out. Also , try the sill guards so you can step on that.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have nerf bars, put them on in October 2006. The seat was replaced and at that time I noticed that the head rest had a light spot developing on it so I inquired and this time the dealership went ahead and ordered a new headrest without even going through the channels. That was cool:) .

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mine is the same way. When I took my truck in for the G40 recall I pointed out the problem and the service guy took some pictures sent it to chrysler. Mine will be taken care of under waranty. I am waiting for the post card they send and then back to the dealer and they will fix it.

I say to all that is having this problem go back to your dealer tell them and let them take the pictures.

My advice to everyone that has this issue.

Andy

Still love my Nitro

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.