Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rears don't have coil springs, skyjacker makes rear springs for a cushier ride but not really sure how that all works because the rear shocks are shock absorber, not a coil over strut.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Our Nitros have a trailing arm suspension.

The ride is softer. Weight carrying is also reduced. It's also why Dodge recommends a trailer weight distribution hitch for towing. I bought a distribution hitch for any trailer loads over 1500 lbs. The set up also limits wheel width.

You can easily lower or raise the rear by swapping coil springs.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum mmeyer81 . :wave:
When you have a chance, head over to the
Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Good question. I know the fronts are 310, not sure exactly what the rears are.
What cha got planned?

·
Registered
261 Posts
IMG]http://www.procarcare.com/images/shar/encyclopedia/8852MG26.gif[/IMG]
The ride is softer. Weight carrying is also reduced. It's also why Dodge recommends a trailer weight distribution hitch for towing. I bought a distribution hitch for any trailer loads over 1500 lbs. The set up also limits wheel width.

You can easily lower or raise the rear by swapping coil springs.
Softer ride? Mine rides like a tank. Sometime I think there is no suspension on this thing at all. Stiff and abrupt is how I would describe it.

I take delivery of a new camper next weekend and it has a 425Ib tongue weight. I'll see how much that sets the rear end down. I do have a WDH to pull the camper.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
weight distribution also reduces the Dipping of the trailer when on some of our not so good roads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ive pulled 3800lb trailer with my r/t had some sag but not as bad as i was thinking it would be and i pull two sleds every weekend in the winter with no problems so i would you should be fine but if it dose sag to much you can get a weight-distributing hitch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts