Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently purchased a 2008 Dodge Nitro SLT for cheap (2k) because of minor issues. Everything is fixed except for sticking Calipers. Instead of rebuilding, I just want to buy replacements. I have a Pick N Pull here and I want to pull some calipers off a vehicles there, but of course they don't have any Nitros. The only Libertys they have are 2002 & 2003. I was wondering if anyone knows what vehicle has the Nitro Caliper sizes?

Thanks!

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
KJ Libby (02-06)will not work. 07 KJ may work because in 07 they used different drive train parts.
08+ KK Libby parts would be the best bet since a lot of the drive train is interchangeable with the KA Nitro.
I can not guarantee any of the above except the 08 KK uses the exact same part # as the 08 Nitro on the front and rear.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I always go new with calipers. Too much to risk. Mine has had two right side replacements. Second owner only replaced the right side. When it started to stick on me, I replace both sides. No problems in three years.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just had all new discs, pads and calipers all round.
Front right caliper seized while out, the heat seized the caliper beyond repair and scorched the discs.
So I had new discs and calipers as I will not put just one on, then decided to go the whole hog and have the rears done, also had a brake fluid change so all good.
Good price in my opinion £620.00

·
Registered
07’ SLT 4x4 Lifted, 3.7 auto
767 Posts
Agreed. I always change the pair if one sticks. Really anything brakes by pairs. And i would def go new parts if possible on brakes as well.

Reactions: Nitrogen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts