Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Complete Audio/Video Overhaul

10K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  niftie 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Well good question AirJunky. I am going to use the Factory (2) 10" upgrade the 77KICK19 as Bass for the Factory look and Build a Custom enclosure to swap out with for the Show look. Thought about using the Kicker CVT 10" woofer (thin Mount) and putting them in the cargo floor at one time.

I might do a poll to get suggestions for the look of the Custom box so if any one has any suggestions let me know.

#8 ·
I have a set of Kicker components I installed in the Front and Kicker 2 or 3 way in the rears, I will get you the speaker models and see if you can get me the plates to fit them in the stock locations, thanks!

Nitro93727 I put in the factory upgraded Kicker speakers from Mopar 77KICK15 and 77KICK10.

Scosche has the adaptor plates. I think these will work part# SAC656 or Part# SAC653. I will have Scosche send me a pair and find out which one fits.

#10 ·
Not much bigger of a speaker would fit without doing some ample modification ..but the depth of the door is good compared to what I have seen in vehicles.

The concern I would have is the hole diameter. You might be able to put an 8" midbass in it if you cut the hole to its max and fabricated a larger mounting plate.

Kicker......do you think the door will take a speaker bigger then a 6.5"??

Obviously, some modifications may have to be made. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Thanks.

#12 · (Edited)
I am going to use the Factory (2) 10" upgrade the 77KICK19 as Bass for the Factory look and Build a Custom enclosure to swap out with for the Show look. Thought about using the Kicker CVT 10" woofer (thin Mount) and putting them in the cargo floor at one time.
OK, you've got my attention. I'd love to see pics of the 77KICK19 mounted. Is there a thin mount sub that will fit in the tray under the LoadnGo?

Edit: OK, I saw the 77KICK19 in your pics. But this isn't a factory looking package, is it? I thought the factory sub went in a small enclosure on the rear passenger side corner. Does Kicker have any plans to come out with a box that will fit there on a Nitro that never came with the sub?

#14 ·
Yes. The amp has to stay cool. The panel I built is suspended by the little rubber bumpers factory put on the cargo tray and allows a 1/4 gap all the way around for rising heat to escape and so far I have not had a problem with the amp shutting off. But I fear it will soon happen so I will be installing a fan that will be forcing air into the jack compartment which has vent holes to allow the air to escape from the compartment. I might also place a fan on the opposite corner of the cargo tray to pull fresh air in.

Great question!

Kicker......do you think the door will take a speaker bigger then a 6.5"??

Obviously, some modifications may have to be made. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Thanks.
what are the chances that your amp will shut down from overheating, since it's installed under the box? doesn't the amp need some air to circulate from overheating?

#15 ·
The 77KICK19 is available as a factory upgrade and looks factory (in the pic I posted they had changed out the factory seats so the fit was not as good)

There is an upgraded option that has a sub in the passenger side cargo area but it is not a Kicker woofer. As far as your question will Kicker be providing a replacement for this location probably not since the 77KICK19 is the upgrade from this location. But I will ask that question this weekend when I attend a scheduled Kicker/Mopar sales/technical training.

The CVT woofer I spoke of will not fit into the cargo tray area with out fabricating a custom panel/enclosure.

OK, you've got my attention. I'd love to see pics of the 77KICK19 mounted. Is there a thin mount sub that will fit in the tray under the LoadnGo?

Edit: OK, I saw the 77KICK19 in your pics. But this isn't a factory looking package, is it? I thought the factory sub went in a small enclosure on the rear passenger side corner. Does Kicker have any plans to come out with a box that will fit there on a Nitro that never came with the sub?

#19 ·
I installed the fan today even though I have had no issues. I will post some pics when I get done traveling this week.

Works Great located it in the rear center of the cargo tray utilizing the tray wall empty area as a duct and it gently forces the air out each factory side panel vent.

Yes. The amp has to stay cool. The panel I built is suspended by the little rubber bumpers factory put on the cargo tray and allows a 1/4 gap all the way around for rising heat to escape and so far I have not had a problem with the amp shutting off. But I fear it will soon happen so I will be installing a fan that will be forcing air into the jack compartment which has vent holes to allow the air to escape from the compartment. I might also place a fan on the opposite corner of the cargo tray to pull fresh air in.

Great question!

#25 ·
Just an update...I finally got the OEM Sub installed in my Nitro. WOW! If I can have the liberty to give a brief review let me say after 20 years of owning my own car audio shop and installing stereos this is the first factory system I believe I could own without doing any modifications. I won't rave about it to much as to promote the product but let me just say IT ROCKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.