Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Canada. There is one Dodge dealer where i am and they have 1 Nitro on the lot a red SXT 4x2 16 inch wheels, 3.7 v6 4 speed auto, 6 speaker stereo, air , speed control so its pretty much the basic no frills i guess. Looking at it first on the web i didn't think i would like the body shape & the plastic moulded bumpers but when i checked it out i really liked the overall look of the vehicle & with the red exterior the dark grey bumpers made it look good. Also i found the colour combo with the dark grey molded bumpers didn't cheapin the overall look to it at all.

My delima is i am not sure what i want ( too many options, i wish they only had 2 models of the Nitro ) I am considering getting the Nitro SE & adding aftermarket 20 inch wheels and rims, adding a custom stereo system complete with Subs, Dvd system etc.. It will come with Air & speed control but theres no sunrof option which i like the sunroof.The total build price on the dodge website for this vehicle is $26,615 plus tax. If i offered $25000 plus taxes the total would be $28500. If i choose this vehicle i would get either Red Or Bright Silver Metallic.

Now my next option i would consider is the SLT model. Now this is a real beautiful machine and a big step up from the SE, i would most likely choose the Bright Silver Metallic. For the Options i added the 20 inch wheels,
The 8 speaker stereo with sub system ,U connect hands free, I wouldn't go for the rear mounted dvd system. Full size spare, Power Sunroof, Remote start sytem, security alarm,The total build price is $34940 so if i offered the dealer $33000 plus taxes the total would be $37620

So between the 2 the price difference is $9120

My other option is wait for the Nitro R/T to come out.

I did a build on their website for the R/T and i added the following options:

8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer
UConnect Hands-Free Communication
Trailer Tow Group
Power Sunroof
Remote Start System
Security Alarm

The build price comes to $36520 so if i offered the dealer $35000 plus taxes the total would be $39900

SE = $28500
SLT = $37620
R/T = $39900

Now assuming these numbers are pretty accurate theres not much difference from the SLT & the R/T models that i configured so i would have to go with the R/T. Now going back to the SE the price differene between that and the RT is $11400.
For the price difference i think that you are getting a pretty nice ride and you really can't compare the 2 models.

I would appreciate some feedback on what others would do in this case.
Would some people go for the SE & Customize it yourself with the money saved or just bite the bullet and go for the already custom R/T.

QUESTION

1. Does the R/T come with the red 2 toned seats ?

2. Are there any other options i missed on the R/T ?

3. Does the MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System come on the R/T as i didn't see it listed as an option ?

4. Does anyone have this system or the 8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer & how does it sound ?

5. Does the GPS navigation** media radio come with the R/T & does it play dvd's in it ? ( I didn't see it as an option listed )

ANY OTHER COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL & VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

CHEERS !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
First of All welcome Terminator.

AS for all the questions let me see if I can help

1. Does the R/T come with the red 2 toned seats ?
Yes it does

2. Are there any other options i missed on the R/T ?

didnt see any you missed but there are running boards

3. Does the MyGIG™ Multimedia Infotainment System come on the R/T as i didn't see it listed as an option ?

MyGig should be an option even if it is going to be late

4. Does anyone have this system or the 8 Amplified Speakers Plus Subwoofer & how does it sound ?

I have it and it sounds great for factory. If you add aftermarket head unit you will likely lose the Uconnect function

5. Does the GPS navigation** media radio come with the R/T & does it play dvd's in it ? ( I didn't see it as an option listed )

This one I dont have a answer for!! sorry

I hope this helps and enjoy the forum:ura1:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum Terminator. For what its worth getting the loaded up Nitro you get the warranty with it and seamless factory intergration of all the electronics. I think that counts for alot. No hassle of bringing your vehicle in to get the A/V stuff installed. Go for the R/T.

From my experience, not sure about others here, but there isn't alot of markup built into the price of these Nitro's. On an SXT nicely optioned, there is about $1500. The prices you said you'd offer might not work out, but then again if they do that's great. More money in your pocket. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1st. Welcome to the site enjoy.
2nd. I agree with NitroLarry it would be better for you to just order the R/T with the options you listed so that everything is integrated in the sys. & stays under warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for all the input folks. I have been doing alot of research today and in the last few weeks and i think your all correct . I am just going to go for the R/T. With what everyone said about the seamless integration of factory install plus the warranties on everything it truly makes sense.

Does anyone know if you can do something about the dvd player playing when the vehicle is out of park or else i might have to get an aftermarket Dvd system up front. That would be ashame if you couldn't play the dvd player other than wen the vehicle is in park. I'm sure there is someway to disable it mif this is truly the case.

I will be looking for my Nitro this spring around April so theres lots of time to get organized.

Does anyone have any feedback on the 20 inch chrome rims ?
Are they as nice as aftermarket rims ?

I am leaning towards Bright Silver Metallic or the Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Black is always an option also.
I can't believe how nice the interiors are in the Nitros. They actually look like the designers put alot of thought, planning & detailing into the interior areas.

Thx Again

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does anyone know if you can do something about the dvd player playing when the vehicle is out of park or else i might have to get an aftermarket Dvd system up front. That would be ashame if you couldn't play the dvd player other than wen the vehicle is in park. I'm sure there is someway to disable it mif this is truly the case.
Hard to say until the MyGig is actually released and finds its way into the hands of those who don't mind tinkering with a $1500+ device which will at a minimum void its warranty. It will probably involve some software hacking, as there's no 'park indicator' wire going into the radio that could simply be cut. Because of the safety concerns, don't expect any help from DaimlerChrylser on displaying the video up front while out of park.

I suppose you could move the rear-seat screen up front if you really wanted to watch a movie while driving with the factory gear. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome Terminator!

Welcome Terminator!
Looks like your in good hands here, these guys have given some great advice!

I woulda, coulda, should of bought the R/T But I just couldn't wait!
I love my Nitro and all these folks here feel the same way 'bout theirs, I'm sure.

I think you should get everything you want... All of it... but get as much as possible from Dodge.
It's all designed to work together, and it does it real good!

The Infinity speaker system is really great, 'could make your ears bleed... but if you want to make your butt bounce you'll need to do some mods.

As for the DVD in front, try adding an additional monitor in the front by tying it into the factory system.

Get it your way...
You'll Love it! :pepper:

Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.