Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post. This site has been very helpful. I finally decided to join. My girlfriend who is 4 months pregnant has a 08 nitro that’s a lemon. I recently replaced the tipm because of a door lock problem. After that I went to start it and it would continuously crank without starting. I did the 15 minute reset and it ran for three weeks. Then it happened again. I took it to the dealership telling them what happened. It would keep cranking and I couldn’t hear the fuel pump kick on. They said they couldn’t repeat the no start problem, so I basically wasted 6 days and $150. When it happened last time I was able to wiggle the tipm wires around and it would start again. Now I’m trying a reset again and I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as far as where to check for power or a short somewhere. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All of my fuses are good and the relays. I was reading something about a sensor that can cause this also.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
There is a post on fuel pump relay bypass. There is also a jumper on Amazon. Check it out.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Sniegs85. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

I'd check the TIPM wire harness connectors, as well as the wires by the bracket the TIPM sits on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could it possibly be the ignition? Does your gf have a bunch of keys on her keychain? Maybe lil stuffed animals?Women tend to add a bunch of crap to keychains in order to be able to find them in their hand bags. The weight of them hanging from the ignition can cause this problem.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Could it possibly be the ignition? Does your gf have a bunch of keys on her keychain? Maybe lil stuffed animals?Women tend to add a bunch of crap to keychains in order to be able to find them in their hand bags. The weight of them hanging from the ignition can cause this problem.
Lol i got a kick outta that post :LOL:

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post. This site has been very helpful. I finally decided to join. My girlfriend who is 4 months pregnant has a 08 nitro that’s a lemon. I recently replaced the tipm because of a door lock problem. After that I went to start it and it would continuously crank without starting. I did the 15 minute reset and it ran for three weeks. Then it happened again. I took it to the dealership telling them what happened. It would keep cranking and I couldn’t hear the fuel pump kick on. They said they couldn’t repeat the no start problem, so I basically wasted 6 days and $150. When it happened last time I was able to wiggle the tipm wires around and it would start again. Now I’m trying a reset again and I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction as far as where to check for power or a short somewhere. Thanks in advance.
Ive noticed my 07 dodge does the crank no start and got stranded and o mechanic told me ....
Turn key over and put in neutral and ur car will start up

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Lol i got a kick outta that post :LOL:
Not too funny. Had items attached to key. While driving my knee hit this when I raided my foot (changing from gas to brake and back) and knocked the ignition off while doing 70 mph. Did some quick thinking to restart.

Reactions: JPthekid and Scar0

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ive noticed my 07 dodge does the crank no start and got stranded and o mechanic told me ....
Turn key over and put in neutral and ur car will start up
Even in neutral you still need the fuel pump relay... or fuel pump to work. Correct me anyone if I’m wrong.

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 9 of 9 Posts