Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 07 nitro 4.0. I am in need for a Crankshaft Damper. I am looking everywhere and they all say out of stock or discontinued. Is someone able to help me out please?
Wood Auto part Metal Nickel Denim

· Registered
5,885 Posts
i'll try find one, but second hand is most likely, there is a member on here doing a 4.0L engine swap he might sell you his old one

· Registered
293 Posts
There was an identical thread recently--I think they had to source one from a pick-n-pull. There are websites for nation-wide pick-n-pull searches that may help. Also in that thread we were able to clarify that the damper on the 4.0 from the Nitro is a distinct part from the one used on the other 4.0 applications such as the Pacifica.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was an identical thread recently--I think they had to source one from a pick-n-pull. There are websites for nation-wide pick-n-pull searches that may help. Also in that thread we were able to clarify that the damper on the 4.0 from the Nitro is a distinct part from the one used on the other 4.0 applications such as the Pacifica.
I seen that tread. I thought it read that the Diameter pressing on to the crank is bigger than the one for the Nitro.

· Registered
5,885 Posts
maybe take a quick check on Amazon USA, it says they have one but i cant find it, apart from that didn't find anything,

Reactions: Perezc02

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did. I used the 3 claw puller and wasn't think and pulled it apart. Also I broke pieces of the inner pulley off. The rubber piece that presses then together tour when I pulled it off. Not sure if I can press it back together. Is this something someone can press back together even if the rubber piece is split?

· Registered
5,885 Posts
i not sure if you can press them back together, i just presumed the whole thing was cast iron,

last year i did the same thing on a large cement mixer needed to remove a cast iron pulley, got the 3 jaws on it kept tightening and then crack, i did weld it back together but decided it was too out of ballance, so ordered a new one, €100 mistake,

· Registered
293 Posts
I did. I used the 3 claw puller and wasn't think and pulled it apart. Also I broke pieces of the inner pulley off. The rubber piece that presses then together tour when I pulled it off. Not sure if I can press it back together. Is this something someone can press back together even if the rubber piece is split?
No, you can't simply press them back together, and if the rubber has been damaged it won't function properly anymore even if you could. Dampers are at least 3-piece--the hub, the outer ring w/pulley, and the elastic in the middle that binds them and is what absorbs torsional shocks--the dampening part of it.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I have a 07 nitro 4.0. I am in need for a Crankshaft Damper. I am looking everywhere and they all say out of stock or discontinued. Is someone able to help me out please? View attachment 40797
Hello all, I have a 07 nitro 4.0. I am in need for a Crankshaft Damper. I am looking everywhere and they all say out of stock or discontinued. Is someone able to help me out please? View attachment 40797

· Registered
11 Posts
Have you tried Mopar Canada location as I found my sister's oil pan there in stock as it was discontinued with no replacement product part. It's at least worth a try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts