Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Nitro. However, this morning was crazy. I came out to leave for work and clicked to unlock the doors. I opened the back door to put items in and heard a ding and my radio came on... (I was a bit confused why my radio was coming on without key in the switch), so I shut back door -- opened the front door to get in and radio went off. I put key in switch and turned it over - it cranked right up -- but I immediately noticed my gas hand showed low fuel when I knew there should be 1/4 tank -- it then immediately moved up to 1/4 tank and showed how many miles I could go. All the dash lights came on and went off as normal except for the malfunction indicator (check engine) light. I had that light come on before 2 years ago and had to purchase a new gas cap from the dealer and it stopped it. But with all the freaky things that happened this morning -- I don't know what it could be. It has 115,000 miles on it and we just replaced the alternator and battery on it in November of last year.

Anyone have any of these things happen? Have any thoughts or ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I do this regularly when things go crazy.
Master reset.
Disconnect neg terminal from the battery.
Leave it off for some time.
I like 5 min at least.
Then reconnect quickly. Horn may sound and you will hear relay click.
Start car.
PS I like to have windows up and back door closed before doing this.
Give it a go.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
649 Posts
Wow thats crazy. Only insight i can offer is that i had the same light and gascap issue/warning. Even said gascap where my mileage readout was. 2 bs caps and a mopar cap later it was still on. Resets and all. Finally after riding for a year or two lol i decided to look around and had a hole in the line that recycles the fumes from the tank. Not sure exact name. It went from the front of the tank to a connector in back. Replaced it and been fine ever since. You coulndt see the hole. It was in the top of the line. Like a rat chewed it lol i have no idea. Found it by feel. Not sure of that helps but you never know. Doesnt explain the ghost turning on your radio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts