Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched a few videos of crd jeeps doing cambelts etc but none of the engines look the same with the oil filter at the top, this engine is called a dohc but looking at the belt cover it does not seem to be shaped like 2 cams are in there!! is there any info on this diesel engine in the 08 nitro like pics etc as google shows hardly anything and nobody has posted videos etc of it that I can see
what other vehicles used this engine, the jeep videos are of crd 2.8 but the thermostat is where my oil filter is and the cam cover is much wider so looks very different! there does not seem to be a manual on this lump, can anyone point me in the direction!!
thanks guys

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
The 07 Nitro official service manuals have all the CRD info in them.
Check E-bay, that is where I got my hard copies.
The E-bay CDs don't have much, if any, CRD info in them.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
118 dollars for postage!! how can a book cost 120 dollars to but and 118 to post, that's £203 posted,,, FOR A BOOOK!!! I could but 3 steering pumps for that!!!

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
sounds like alot, you could easy save £200 doing a few jobs on your Nitro with the info it contains, the Dodge Dealer wants £100 just to take a look at a problem ???.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
touble is there are no dodge dealers here in the uk! does anyone know who can cut nitro keys? can a normal key shop do it?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Buy key from E-bay, take it to a lock smith, they should be able to cut the key, and program it into your computer. Just make sure the key you buy is the correct frequency.
Export Nitros use different frequency then US versions.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont want a remote locking key I just want a key to start and drive the truck with and ock in the door, I have to keep my key in my shoe so the smaller the better but it will have to be a transponder key to allow the engine to start, I'd also like just a plain key for doing the fuel cap which i find very awkward having to unlock every time! here is a pic of me working on another truck i had as i know you love pics!
12020032_10153258969718160_4437234469288268092_n.jpg

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
I am not aware of any keys for the Nitro which do not have the buttons on them. As you know a standard key cut to fit won't work to run the Nitro. However, a push button start add-on my do the trick for you.
Another option would be to get a standard fob key and remove the switch contacts on the inside of the fob to prevent accidental unlocking, locking, and panic alarm.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
thats Amazing what you are doing.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,513 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
uknitroman. I either get my parts from either jeepchrysler London, they're on ebay. I phone them though. Or my local Fiat/Chrysler dealer. The dealer can supply a key cut, programmed, and fob working for a ridiculous £300+. I'm waiting for a local locksmith to get back to me. Most places will cut and programme the chip for about 50 quid. The engine is the same as a KK Cherokee/Liberty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing is I only want a small key to start the car, I keep my key in my shoe! got a locksmith coming monday doing it for 75 quid which is a bit dear but needs must! do you know if timpsons do them??

·
Registered
8 Posts
The thing is I only want a small key to start the car, I keep my key in my shoe! got a locksmith coming monday doing it for 75 quid which is a bit dear but needs must! do you know if timpsons do them??
They can cut but not programme chip, which is what you want to start it unfortunately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts