Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! Its my first time post here.
Few years ago i bought my first car - 2008 Nitro 2.8 CRD with NAG1 tranny and 120k miles.
It served me well for some time before turning into a pumpkin. It all began last summer on a hot day when it displayed caution - high trans. fluid temp. it went off the next day and i continued to drive my car till this winter when it suddenly went to limp mode ,ERR 778- solenoids. Repair shop performed autopsy of transmission and found that all solenoids are in order but the bottom of gearbox is covered in non magnetic chip. They cleaned all the chip and replaced fluid and my car was resurrected for another day. Following morning same error popped back and since then my dodge is used exclusively as an eye pleasing monument. The problem is further complicated by my location - Eastern Europe, where no one knows how to fix anything but a chariot.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Older Jeep GC has same transmission and solenoid faults are usually caused by bad wires between TCM and gearbox, bad solders in TCM, faulty connector on right side of transmission or faulty solenoid conductor plate.

Take a look at there.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Kristoffer1989. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

P0778 = Pressure control solenoid B - electrical malfunction Possible causes: Wiring, pressure control solenoid.
We have seen several NAG1(W5A580) trany Nitro owners here with faulty solenoids on the Conductor plate, AKA Lead frame, AKA CONNECTOR ASSEMBLY, Electrical [Official part description in the manuals(Nag1(W5A580) transmission.)]
All the same thing just different names for it.
Check the external wires first, pay close attention to where they go by the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts