Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 2011 Heat 3.7. I ordered and installed the oem cruise control (steering wheel assy) . It works great.The cruise control dash light also comes on when activated. However, as soon as I installed the cruise control, the ESC activation/malfunction (squiggly lines) light came on and it wont go off. Car drives fine. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
don't know what could be causing the ESC light, you could try a vehicle computer reset: disconnect Negative batery lead for 10 minutes and see if that cures the issue.

did you disconnect the Negative battery lead while you did the install ?.

Reactions: dk1677

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't know what could be causing the ESC light, you could try a vehicle computer reset: disconnect Negative batery lead for 10 minutes and see if that cures the issue.

did you disconnect the Negative battery lead while you did the install ?.[/QUOTE

Thanks for responding. I did everything by the book on the install. I also removed the negative battery cable for three hours with hopes of resetting the tipm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I disconnected the battery before installation. Installed as directed. When light stayed on, I disconnected the negative battery lead overnight to ensure the TIPM was reset. Light still persists. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
ESP and TCS warning light, is a pic of a car skidding ?.

did you remove the steering wheel ?.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct. It is the light showing the back of the car skidding. Not to be confised with the light that shows up when you disable the ESP. In fact. I can push the button to turn it off and both display. Then I can turn it back on and the activation/malfunction light stays on

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
in the owners manual it says the ESP/TCS warning light should light up when you press the ESP disable button, press it again light should go out ?.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are two different lights. When you disable ESP, the ESP OFF light comes on. This is a different light that either comes on when you are actually skidding or it comes on and stays on if it is malfunctioning.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
sorry yes of corse you had to change the steering wheel,

the ESP uses info from the steering wheel position, possible the steering wheel is off centre ?.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm. Good thought. I aligned the arrow on the steering wheel up with the notch on the steering column shaft. Plus there is a smooth section on the top and bottom of the spindles on the shaft and the steering wheel. I aligned it as far as I can tell. The steering wheel is straight while driving straight. Do you think I could have somehow damaged the clockspring? Not sure how I could have.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
The “ESP/

TCS Indicator Light” becomes illuminated when the

ESP-Off button has been pressed or ESP is only partially

available caused by lack of engine management or brake

thermal model.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
i'm prety sure the clockspring has to be in the correct position,
i have to go now, i have an early start in the morning, but first i will post some info on the clock spring,
prety sure another member will have some more info for you.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Correct. It is the light showing the back of the car skidding. Not to be confised with the light that shows up when you disable the ESP. In fact. I can push the button to turn it off and both display. Then I can turn it back on and the activation/malfunction light stays on
this is correct, both lights should light up when "ESP OFF" switch is pressed, press the switch again and both lights should go off, but a fault has been detected so the ESP/TCS light is staying on,
fingers crossed it is just an alignment issue.

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
I wonder if one of the pigtails did not get plugged all the way back in.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
anyways DDAY i tried my "ESP off" switch today, when the switch is pressed the symbol of the skidding car lights up in the cluster, press the switch again and the symbol light turns off (normal). but there is not a second "ESP off" light anywhere, not even in the switch, unless the bulb has died ?.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.