Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
All those pictures are off my cell phone. Not bad for a cell!!;)
ah yeah...makes sense then..not bad at all...I want to get something like the 20" Stock Nitro wheels but in Black and Chrome or maybe just black...Im going to go for a black and chrome trim for my stone white slt - itll be nice :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
i have a question

the NITRO has the tire pressure monitoring system
how does that work with custom wheels?
can it be taken off the stock wheel or is a new sensor purchased for the custom wheel?

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
the NITRO has the tire pressure monitoring system
how does that work with custom wheels?
can it be taken off the stock wheel or is a new sensor purchased for the custom wheel?
The TPMS apparently is "smart" and will learn the new tire settings as the vehicle rolls down the road! Im trying to find a more verified post or someone who has actually done this..will post back if I find something else.. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
The TPMS apparently is "smart" and will learn the new tire settings as the vehicle rolls down the road! Im trying to find a more verified post or someone who has actually done this..will post back if I find something else.. :)
i may be wrong but i thought that each wheel has a sensor in it that the computer in the truck reads, so if custom wheels are added doesnt the sensor have to be added to each wheel? (either from the stock wheels or a new sensor for each wheel purchased) again i dont know how this works and would like to find out before i look at purchasing custom wheels
thanks for the info on this

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
i may be wrong but i thought that each wheel has a sensor in it that the computer in the truck reads, so if custom wheels are added doesnt the sensor have to be added to each wheel? (either from the stock wheels or a new sensor for each wheel purchased) again i dont know how this works and would like to find out before i look at purchasing custom wheels
thanks for and and all info on this
I just checked my Nitro manual. It sas that the tire is equipped with a sensor that is part of the valve stem system. So if you were to upgradetires it seems that the system would no longer work unless you were able to get sensors for those tires as well - which might not be a problem since the nitro is offered with 20"s. It says that the spare doesnt have a sensor so it wont be recognized so its apparently not mounted on the wheel (rim) so you can probably change rims without a problem as long as its the same size! Hopefully more information will come about as the nitro ages a little more!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your Nitro is equiped with the tire pressure sensors they can be swapped in to your new wheels or you can purchase new ones. The vehicle will re learn the sensors as you drive. The size of your new wheels does'nt matter the sensor will still work. If installing wheels with out the sensors on an equipped vehicle it will throw a check engine light. If you would like to purchase new ones the p/n for the sensor is 56053036AA and you will also need the nut that holds it in the rim p/n 56053037AA. Ill put up a couple pictures of what the sensor looks like shortly.:)

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
If your Nitro is equiped with the tire pressure sensors they can be swapped in to your new wheels or you can purchase new ones. The vehicle will re learn the sensors as you drive. The size of your new wheels does'nt matter the sensor will still work. If installing wheels with out the sensors on an equipped vehicle it will throw a check engine light. If you would like to purchase new ones the p/n for the sensor is 56053036AA and you will also need the nut that holds it in the rim p/n 56053037AA. Ill put up a couple pictures of what the sensor looks like shortly.:)
Ok..so where exactly is this sensor? The manual uses "wheel" and "tire" interchangeably even though they arent the same..And I take it these sensors arent removable for reinstallation? How much is each sensor?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts