Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Nitro, I replaced the 6 cylinder ignition coil and it is still reading cylinder 6 misfire. Bought another coil it reads the same....so now we are trying to figure out the vibration it makes as I accelerate up to speeds of 40mph. My engine light is on and the cylinder still reads misfire. We know its more to it than the cylinder 6. Basically my truck is running on 5 cylinders. Did anybody have this problem and how was it fixed

· Lighting Guru!
3,588 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, head on over to the "Newbie Forum", so that we can give you a proper welcome.

It would first help if you told us what engine size and model Nitro you have.

I had a misfire way back on my R/T and it turned out to be a bad spark plug.

· Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
29,175 Posts
Spark or fuel... Maybe an injector prob.

· Registered
235 Posts
I had a similar issue wit my 08 Nitro on cyl4. I ended up replacing the spark plugs, coil and fuel injectors before the problem went away (in addition to tons of fuel cleaner, sea foam, and pulling/cleaning the throttle body). If you have the 3.7L make sure you are running the recommended NGK copper plugs, this engine does NOT like platinum plugs (when I purchased mine platinum plugs were already installed which led to a huge carbon buildup problem).

Good luck with yours, and welcome to the forum!

· Registered
1,160 Posts
I agree. Spark plug or injector are causing the problem. Take out the plug and move it to the opposite side. Put it in #2. If the misfires moves to #2, the plug is easier to reach and change. If the misfire stays at the same location, I would do a compression check. If compression checks out, then replace the injector. The injector is less than $50. New orings on the injector may also be installed. Check electrical connections too.

· Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure out the cause? I have a 2007 dodge nitro with 3.7l . I've had a code pop up with cylinder 6 misfire secondary ionization. I've changed injectors, coils, and spark plugs. Even cut off my cats and still at 45-50 mph the engine misfires. I want to add that I've replaced the radiator and water pump already as well. I'm to a scratching my head point to fix this misfire. Hopefully whatever u did can help me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts