Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I complete the purchase of this 2010 Dodge Nitro??? Please read my post before answering.

The time is now approaching 2 months since I signed papers to purchase a 2010 Dodge Nitro that had 1 owner who traded it in because of A/C condensor failure. Apparently the dealership knew this at the time of the trade. They attempted to convince me that the 2010 Nitro had no problems. I doubted that from the beginning. Yet they insisted that the 2010 Dodge Nitro was just fine. I did not have the opportunity to have it inspected or see the reports or the sales sheet, before I signed papers. Even their pre-check sheet, that I did not see, listed several issues that needed or would need attention, repair or replacement within a short amount of time.
Eventually, the problems starting showing up. The vehicle had to go back to the dealership 4 times. Each time I was told the problems had been fixed. I had other questions that went unanswered. The finance company withheld payment until I would confirm ,in their customer vehicle satisfaction interview, that all matters had been resolved and the vehicle was actually in my possession. Since the Nitro was still at the dealership, I could not respond with affirmative responses to confirm their survey completion. Now I have a deadline to re-do the sales paperwork and confirm the finance company's survey. The A/C condensor has not been replaced.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,301 Posts
If they knew there were A/C issues and did not disclose those to you(If you asked "Is there anything wrong with it?"), then one would think that could be considered fraud.
But hey, I'm no Attorney...

Back to your question; That really is a decision you need to make. Are you willing to pay someone to fix it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts