Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My first suggestion would be start checking fuses. Something may have popped from the surge. There is one for the scanner port as well so that may be why your not getting anything to the scanner. I'll ask my co-worker when he gets here see if he can think of anything else, we don't have that kind of issues here in Northern Cali, LoL just fires.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Nitro was in perfect shape then.....🌩 during a thunderstorm a lightning ball hit my tree and my Nitro was parked right beside it. Now the ETC symbol is on and it's dead. Bro-In-Law took the battery out and charged it fully, put it back, NOTHING. Symbol is still on and the scanner won't work to give a code. Now this single Mom and Granny is stranded at home...blah! Any suggestions?
When you say ETC symbol you mean the Electronic Throttle Control light? When you say "Dead" do you mean no dash lights what so ever or it just cranks but won't start or nothing at all from the key?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Dead- just clicks when trying to start but all lights work
I would check Battery connections first, make sure they are clean and tight. Then if you can someone listen to hear where the clicking is coming from, description sounds like the starter solenoid is clicking but the the connection in the solenoid on the starter isn't making good contact and thus making the starter turn.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,637 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Guess they fixed it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts