Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK hold on this is a long one...…..
I have a 2011 nitro heat 3.7 4x4, a few months back I had to serve to miss a car coming at me sideways during a mild snow. I ended up hitting a curb at maybe 20+, cracked the rim and of course the alignment.
Ever since I have been chasing a squeak from the passenger side wheel. I have of course replaced the wheel, tires (all 4), rotors (both front), brakes (twice), wheel bearing, got it aligned (I was told tie rods, ball joints everything else is good) and still the squeak. The squeak is constant then when the breaks are lightly applied and gets louder, then when they are fully applied goes away.
AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? I guess the only thing before burning it down would be to replace both calipers since its the only thing I haven't replaced and it's not good to just do one. If that doesn't fix it, maybe take it to a shop and get charged a ton? I am a good replace kind of guy but not so much a diagnostic one. I am now at my wits end and completely lost in the sauce, any and all help would be great!

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Hi and welcome,
yep the Nitro calipers are prone to sticking, you can get them serviced but they are fairly cheap so not worth the time and mess,

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,218 Posts
Possibly a slightly bent hub or a C.V. Axle issue :unsure:

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Theos_11nitro. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Brake shims on the calipers could need to be lubed.
Great info here including what shims I speak of.

Check the dirt shield did not get bent, or is loose from the impact.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I found out whats happening and it turns out the flange on the rear axel is bent and has to be replaced. Dealers and parts store are on a nationwide backorder.....anyone know where I can get one?

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,218 Posts
So I found out whats happening and it turns out the flange on the rear axel is bent and has to be replaced. Dealers and parts store are on a nationwide backorder.....anyone know where I can get one?
Check any local junkyards?
Nitro and Liberty KK’s are the same. You would need the whole axle shaft (flange is part of the shaft)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts