Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Keeping your ride Clean Is as important as brushing your teeth and taking a shower!
When your ride looks good you look good... :brsh:
If you have a crappy day at work, Jump into your Mean & Clean Machine, N'just leave some rubber behind!
Kinda feels better the further you drive away, doesn't it?

I'd like to share with you some of what I've learned. Added some pics too.
Would love to hear your Suggestions and Ideas!

Open the Hood and you will see build up of dirt almost everywhere. After a good wiping, dont' forget to clean the underside of the Hood! Give the fluids a check while your at it...

Check out the picture of the engine, the arrows I've drawn show a Plastic Channel that goes accross the compartment I have found it loose twice and had to use some Black silicone sealant the second time around to keep it in place. Check yours out right away! If that fell off while on the highway...*#@*!

Next, there's those Door Jambs! Open all the doors and clean and wipe all those hard ta reach spaces in there. Dont forget the back hatch jambs!

That back door at the bottom, is part of the wheel well and well... it gets realy dirty fast and so did my kids overcoat when it rubbed on it, getting in!

The gas fill is another grungy messy area I found.

I Shouldn't need to tell ya to shine that crome where ever it lives...

I hear on another Thread of a product by Mothers, called Black to Black works great on those plastic parts. Cant wait to try it!
My SLT has black plastic running boards, should do a nice job there!

What's your favorite Body cleaner?
Crome cleaner?
Wax? (I dont like that silicone stuff.) :4-sunshine:

Frank

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dayley / Challenger,
I'll get better at setting the resolution for posting.

Forgot to mention the Sunroof, I like to give that a wipe in the channels too. And I leave it open to let it dry in there.

FRank

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was detailing mine the other day. and if you were looking at the front of the nitro under the hood to the left was a back of what seemed to be insulation. but being nosey and it being half way out I pulled on it and now it is 3/4 of the way out. does anyone know what it is and why it was out and how do i get it back in?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was detailing mine the other day. and if you were looking at the front of the nitro under the hood to the left was a back of what seemed to be insulation. but being nosey and it being half way out I pulled on it and now it is 3/4 of the way out. does anyone know what it is and why it was out and how do i get it back in?
I saw that shortly after I got it. I started to pull it out and then got some resistance, so I just pushed it back in. No idea what it's attached to or its purpose, other than sound control. I think I remember seeing that plastic bag thing of insulation on both sides of the engine compartment.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
The wax I like best is a little hard to find anymore. They used to sell it at auto parts stores but now the only place I see it is car shows and state fairs. It's called Liquid Luster. It's a liquid (go figure) it's pink and two coats of that and you'll swear you're looking through glass. Goes on easy... wipes off effortlessly and the best thing is it doesn't mat up in cracks or around edges. Comes off that easy, just like powder. Might be available online.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Ok moderators. Posting the Liquid Luster website for information only. Not promoting the company as a vendor, just for information. Website shows before and after shots on ext and int. If this post is off base please delete and let me know so to eliminate future posts like this. thanks, David
http://www.liquidluster.com/
DAYLEY/CHALLENGER... I think it's nice you took the time to look it up. If we find a good product amongst ourselves it does everyone good to share it. Same thing if we have a problem with something. We don't want all our brothers & sisters out buying junk. Our moderators would see if someone was just pushing products of a certain line. As long as someones not directly selling through this site I really appreciate the feedback and try to mention things I've had good experiances with... I think you do the same.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks Top Gun and all of you on this thread! The info is second to none!
Truth is, with exception of my wifes car, I never had a car worthy of cleaning, let alone polishing, til late. So now I'm a little obssessed to maintain this baby!
Thanks again all! And lets keep the thread going with more great suggestions!
Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.