Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. My driver side rear power windows have failed. i have taken them aart and it appears as if the cables that operate the pulley system slipped out of their respective grooves, etc. nothing apears to be brken. just alittle bend in the cable and a litle grinding of the plastic wheel they run in. does anyone have a diagram of how to assemble/disassmble the power windows. I need to know how to rerun the cables. My Nitro is already out of warranty and I am trying no to take it to the dealer. anyhelp is appreciated

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already tried to do that, but the interior door assembly will not come off without disassembling the power windows assembly. I already have one power window that doesn't work, I am trying not to risk having both windows not work. I was hoping someone had any information from the Service Manual for a 2007 Nitro.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Here are the instructions post 18. I do not have any Pic yet. Maybe a spring How-to.
Note: The window regulator is not serviceable. A new carrier plate will come equipped with the regulator assembly installed.

Reactions: Quiet Lunatic

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. that will help me take apart the working door to see how the cables are routed for the power windows. now I just have to decide if I want to tackle that much or if it would just be easier in the long run to pay the dealer to fix the window. If anyone has a picture of the way the pulleys are routed that would be helpful too. Thanks again to Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Thanks for the info. that will help me take apart the working door to see how the cables are routed for the power windows. now I just have to decide if I want to tackle that much or if it would just be easier in the long run to pay the dealer to fix the window. If anyone has a picture of the way the pulleys are routed that would be helpful too. Thanks again to Scar0
Your welcome.
There are not any Pic of the pulley routing I could find. As the unit is not serviceable, I really didn't expect to find any. If you take it to the dealer they are probably going to want to replace the whole unit. (carrier plate).
Good luck with your endeavor.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is the "carrier Plate" is that the piece that is clamped onto the actual glass?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Believe it or not the "Carrier Plate" is pretty much the whole inner door panel. Minus the lock, latch, speaker, drive motor, Etc.. The piece the glass is connected to is called the "Window Regulator" & is part of the Carrier Plate assembly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really, wow. I can't see any reasonthe dealer would need to replace the entire carrier plate. the only thing that needs to be done is the cables for the pwoer windows need to be rethreaded. well, we will find out on monday.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,638 Posts
Keep us posted. Pics would be great if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last night on the way home I had this very same problem! After removing the carrier plate it was obvious what the problem is, there is a small plastic wheel near the top of the carrier plate that acts as a guide for the wire rope. This wheel is riveted to the carier plate and just wore out, there is now to much give and the wire rope slips out. Problem is you cannot get just this wheel you have to buy the entire carrier plate.

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Last night on the way home I had this very same problem! After removing the carrier plate it was obvious what the problem is, there is a small plastic wheel near the top of the carrier plate that acts as a guide for the wire rope. This wheel is riveted to the carier plate and just wore out, there is now to much give and the wire rope slips out. Problem is you cannot get just this wheel you have to buy the entire carrier plate.
I have seen these pretty cheap on ebay.

:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wonder if you could find the same size wheel, drill out the rivet, .....
..... and replace? thanks, douglas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your welcome.
There are not any Pic of the pulley routing I could find. As the unit is not serviceable, I really didn't expect to find any. If you take it to the dealer they are probably going to want to replace the whole unit. (carrier plate).
Good luck with your endeavor.
dors anyone k ow which cable wire goes where I put them aide by side and one was an inch longer and when putting a new fa e plate in do I put the plate bavk in when the window is down or up sorry im new to this ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts