Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
i found that the mazda won't regenerate because there is a fault with temp sensor #3, it keeps trying to regenerate several times a day, but stops because of a high temp reading, or there is a blockage around temp sensor #3, now going to try and confirm the sensor is faulty, i'll try and get an endoscope through one of the sensor holes to check for any blockages, hopefully the last owner has not put a hole through the DPF,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We started the engine without DPF and the uneven running behavior stayed.

Conclusion: This issue is not affected by the Diesel Particulate Filter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
According the rules of Murphy's law "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does", my Nitro destiny prepared another bad issue and task to solve for me ..

Plumbing Gas Auto part Pipe Metal

Preparing the DPF for shipping and cleaning the company rules were defined to have no lines attached, i was forced to remove the lines to the differential pressure sensor.

Above the result. It wasn't my fault. On the manufacturer site the plug was attached not aligned and forced to bottum with maximum torque. The soot inside the thread, 12 years of heating and cooling down .. this is the result. The plug was stuck like welded in. I used a welding torch, cooling spray, but finally it cracked.

One line costs about 60 Euros, but the most difficult thing is to find reweld a new threaded plug.

Today i am totally exhausted. I have no clue where the error and issue and faulty part is. I assume injectors and did some tests .. Okay, i will show the results here in this thread. It makes sense .. (i hope)

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

I have no references. I can't interprete precisely if these values are okay or not. More difficult is the following plot. I know what balancing is and where it is good for. But i am not familiar with the numerical output.

Rectangle Product Slope Font Plot

Next action will take place measures of injector leakage by return volume. But when ... i don't know.

The nitro kills my optimism.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ou can use weldable lambda/NOx sensor nut and you dont need new pipe. Just go to hydraulics shop, they'll figure something out.
Yes, I did so and found one welding nut.

I can check fuel quantities tomorrow, but I think they are ok.
better you will find an error and faulty value. I need a reason for my issues. 🙏

Thanks a lot for all your help and all helping brains!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hmhh .. i search all day and night...

What is the procedure to vent the fuel lines to the diesel high pressure pump? Is there any release valve or ventilation screw?

Honestly speaking, these assumptions are bare despair. I loose more and more my hope to get the engine problems solved.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No need to vent the high pressure pump.
Finally took screenshots
Font Screenshot Technology Rectangle Parallel
Font Screenshot Technology Rectangle Parallel
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number
Font Screenshot Rectangle Technology Parallel

First one is hot engine, others are right after starting

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Hello Jan,
it is very helpful information. Your values are similar to my values. That'S fine and i am relaxed about this issue.

But ... (!) ...

The problem is not Idle. The problem is starting misfire at 1.800/min. I hooked up on an existing thread at Jeep forum and doing similar posts on this issue, hoping to find somebody with an solving idea.

VM Motor Probleme 2.8L

He did much more other tests, cleaning egr and backflow of injectors and other frustrating stuff.

My first and preliminary problem is having no chance to get in contact with alfaOBD. All phone lines are dead, they do not answer a call or by mail. I will continue trying.. but i am also exhausted by a one year lasting period of trouble and issues.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How can I test the injectors? Any idea using AlfaOBD or another tool?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
One unfixed and unsecure item is that I did not yet receive the shipping from China with the fuel pump. The pump now used is from Audi A4 Diesel and capable up to 3 bars. The OEM Nitro fuel tank pump is said to 4 bars.

Might this difference of 1 bar the reason for misfires? I don't know. But these fucking Chinas are not able to ship as predicted. The pump is stuck at Hongkong airport since 6 weeks.

I don't want.to think about to pull the pump again and disassemble all components again.

Anyway,.pulling the injectors and have them tested is money, but a more relaxed job than the pump re-install.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
did you try a relative compression test with the AlphaOBD, just to eliminate low compression,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No, I didn't.Why should compression fade away from one second to the other?

The issue must be related to an event which can take place by incident, like EGR gets stuck or lost programmed values in the engine management.

Honestly speaking, i did a cascsde of tests. I remember test of EGR. May be this valve is stuck open?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Is this possible?! How? Nice idea ..

Best practice would be a tool like tuner pro . But they do not support these odd cars. Yes, a possibility to scan the values and tsbles in the ecm would be great.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
sorry guys just throwing ideas out there, fuel quantity correction is way over my head,

Jan your indepth knowledge of the 2.8 crd is amazing, and much needed on the forum,

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Full agreement and all thumps up!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Hi Jan,
I found this thread here and i ordered the carter pump assy.

Jan, do you think and can You confirm that the carter lift pump could fit to my nitro diesel 2.8 CRD?

Read this:

But I need experts explanation .This guy writes so much complex thoughts, even as i am an Automotive Engineer i only understand 30 percent of his pump story ...

What does he mean by idex tab? I do not.understand at all ...

As I mentioned, i had no chance to receive the genuine pump from China. Now there is a pump installed which goes max pressure 3 bars.

My conclusion is, 3 bars is not enough. I decided to order the Carter lift pump from amazon. Hope this assy will arrive in Germany.

Greets and hope
Fritz

21 - 40 of 47 Posts