Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my nitro turns into a technical disaster generating unit. Now the problem is the diesel pump inside the fuel tank seems to be sticky. Turning the key does not always trigger the tank pump to start and generate pressure. Bad issue, because no sensor to track, no error codes.

On top of this problem is a lack of available spare pumps. My dealer only quotes one pump to be suitable to work with diesel stuff. He seems to be right, a research shows different part numbers for diesel and other 4.0L V6 SOHC Engine. All V6 Engines

DIESEL FUEL PUMP UNIT

The partnumber of the diesel fuel sending unit is => 68004113AA mnufactured by Crown Automotive from United States (where else from, but very difficult to gain, not available - out of stock, discontinued also in United States and moreover huge prices).

The OEM Diesel pump really seems off from the world discontinued and no more available.

4.0L V6 SOHC Engine. All V6 Engines FUEL PUMP UNIT

Fuel Pump/Level Unit Module Kit - Mopar (68004095AC)

Conclusion: This pump is quoted to fit 4.0L V6 SOHC Engine. All V6 Engines

Other related stuff and pumps

I started an research for Dodge Nitro inline units and found these part numbers.

E7219M-AIRTEX
RL004095AB
68004095AB
SP7041M- SPECTRA PREMIUM
FG0888-DELPHI
FP22045S-VDO

The problem is as follows: Which one of these 6 pumps are useable with diesel?

Help is welcome!

Have no idea how to solve this issue using which pump and where to order from. Rockauto quotes several partnumbers, but all for 3.7 and 4 litre engines.

On top there is a huge quote in delivery costs to germany. I assume, finally i will end at 400 Euros or more for a fucking part worth not more 40 Euros.

What a mess ..

Greetings from Fritz

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Reactions: RainMan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Mittigen,
did you look at the Prince?

463 Pounds ... That is not affordable. No Go ..

I will better sell the Car for 1 Dollar ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Much cheaper.
You can also remove pump unit, then remove pump from it and look for something similar.
I had a closer look at the numbers, this is really NOT the diesel pump. Sorry Jan, but anyway you are a great supporter!

I ordered a second part, may be useful because the tipm includes the relay for the fuel pump. I can resolder the relay, but this plugin is a fast alternative solution. This forum, people and software is awesome. By chance i closed my editor window and the content came back to continue. Thanks to the mods who spend money for a good software. In germany most forums are very sticky in editor comfort and functions.

Check this out, it's a TIPM fuel pump workaround module --> TIPM Plug-In Fuel Pump Relay Bypass System LITE:2007-2018 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/VW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts