Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the best news I have seen all day... What model Pioneer is that? I am looking at putting the AVIC - D3 in when it comes out... Is there any ability to continue to use the steering wheel controls?

I talked to Metra today and they hae their dash kit out now forthe space on the sides of the unit. See my post below.

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1121

-Lil'

·
Registered
116 Posts
salmon. the head unit din size is 1 1/2 like i said before. the only thing you need to worry about is the side opening being to large but metra already came out with those pieces that are the same factory material. part # 95-6511 is the side pieces. ill post my pics asap

·
Registered
116 Posts
yea i have a kenwood ddx 6019 double din installed. the top and bottom fit PERFECTLY but the sides are shorter then the previous stock head unit. all you need are those metra pieces to finish it off and it will lokk amazing. all double din DO fit, you just need to get those pieces. whenever you tilt the tv there is NO rubbing or scratching at all, its perfect. The installer was telling me he might have to cut but he didnt end up doing it. i have to take pics now to show you but i dont know how to post, how do i do that??

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will the Avic D-2 even fit. According to the pioneer website it is a double din head unit. I believe that is to big. Anybody know anything different?
Ummm did you scroll up...????? there is a photo Nitro93727 posted of his Avic-D2 installed in his Nitro... so a DoubleDIN will fit. I also started a thread with the info on the kit from Metra for th Nitro and DoubleDIN enclosures. See that thread here...

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1121

-Lil'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.