Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nitro has a 4.0 with clogged catalytic converters I want to cut them off and put straights in there but they tell me I have to have the motor tuned and now they don't even know if they can tune the motor without the catalytic converters on there but this is Colorado and you got to have California catalytic converters and they're $1,000 a piece no way

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum @NDN. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

The issue is really the computers.
We have had a few members here who have attempted a CAT delete with no success. They even tried several different "tricks" to fool the computers with no luck...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @NDN. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

The issue is really the computers.
We have had a few members here who have attempted a CAT delete with no success. They even tried several different "tricks" to fool the computers with no luck...
Since that quote I have learned so much I've had a lot of things replaced I learned a trick about the oxygen sensors the back sensors you can put a ghost sensor in there and it tricks the motor into thinking the converters are still there I saw it work on a Dodge nitro here in Colorado and the converters were totally melted through when you put those ghost sensors on the back it tricked the computer into thinking the converters were still working fine and the nitro's been running good ever since so I'm going to do the same thing to mine because I've replaced everything else I'm not going to give him $1,400 each for converters blessings to you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts