Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my Nitro into the dealership to have some panels replaced and others ordered today. They are doing the repair work on the ABS module today and I should get it back tonight. I talked to 3 managers and they all said there is no TSB notice on the Nitro for anything other than the ABS thing. I mentioned the shudder and he said there is nothing wrong with my car and I am probably just driving on rough roads. He refused to look up the number I have or take a look at any of it. He says that the ABS module is the only recall on the Nitro at all. So now I am stuck and not sure where to go next. Do I drive the 180 miles over the mountains and go to another dealership that will do the repair work OR call a district rep and get the problem fixed? I know what I feel and it started at 1k miles and continues to do so intermitently despite the dealership denying everything. What is my next step? They also are not addressing the fact that my drivers side window barely goes up at all and creaks the whole time. They say there is nothing wrong with my window at all. I am livid, angry and feel lost, if the dealership continues to fight every warranty repair. Please Help !!! :confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bummer...... did you tell the dealer you are "livid, angry and feel lost, if the dealership continues to fight every warranty repair"?
I wonder what they would think if you were considering bringing the car to another dealer.

As for the trans issue, I don't know that any dealer has figured anything out yet. Several have replaced torque converters, only to have the problem reappear. So till there is a good documented fix, I'm just letting the dealer know that about the issue & that I'm keeping notes. I'll bring it up later when there is a more concrete fix.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, after ripping into the dealer over the phone I had all day to brew about it and he knew I was livid when he saw me come through the door. I think the guy thought I was going to come over the counter. I told the guy I was enraged and that I was going to make an appointment with another shop almost 3 hours away just to get the job done correctly. And then Poof my car was fixed right away on the spot and I had to wait a while longer while they did a reflash. It probably helped the fact that I was wearing my biking gloves with kevlar knuckles and sleeveless shirt. I guess thats what I have to do everytime I go to the dealer. I just hope the reflash works...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.