Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never installed a radio before and was going to try and install my double din touch screen to my 2007 dodge nitro. is it hard to do and can I do it my self

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,490 Posts

Good to have you here. Enjoy the forum!
BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Hello and welcome @chris87, to the Nitro “Z” family!

Check out this section of the forum. Great info there.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've never installed a radio before and was going to try and install my double din touch screen to my 2007 dodge nitro. is it hard to do and can I do it my self
Welcome and howdy!
Changing the OEM Head Unit is dependent on which particular system is in it now. If you have the original “MyGig” system, with infinity separates (tweets & mid-bass drivers) & 8” Sub in the rear right of the cargo area and steering wheel controls; you’ll want to get Maestro adapter kit(s) to do it the least expensive way. If your speakers are still good, then your lucky and can spare that process. If the speakers are buzzing or crackling or just giving up, I highly recommend buying “drop in replacements” from infinity. eBay lists them in sets (2 boxes of paired and matched separates) or you can shop Amazon and get pretty much the same speaker sets. Look up Maestro adapters, they have a website that is super awesome for helping you find what adapters you’ll need and also has an infinite listing of aftermarket radios to “plug in” to your profile to see what features and functions you’ll want to keep and or add to the install!
I was (still am, technically😎) car audio and alarm Pro and have done loads of systems for customer, family and friends, since 1978......
There are other stereo adapter makers out there and all are great, I prefer the Maestro kits, you can get them at BeatBuy and from Amazon and other dealers. Don’t forget, you’ll want a proper dash kit, preferably Metra, but Scoshe also makes a decent kit too!
Good luck and message me with any questions or stereo concerns!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Super easy to replace. The front silver trim all pops off as one unit, and the radio comes out with 4 screws. Just buy an adapter and its plug and play. Be aware that you will lose your ability to use your radio controls on the back of your steering wheel unless you find a specific kit for it. When I got my Nitro, I took out the stock base unit and installed a 730n RHR (This is a stock unit used across several Mopar vehicles). That gave me nav, a touchscreen, and Bluetooth ability. I got to keep my steering wheel controls, and the sound quality is great.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Fairly easy job yes. Check crutchfield. Once you give ur rig info and pick a new unit it will recommend all required adapters if u wish to keep steering wheel controls etc. I did a Sony Apple car play double din touch screen not long ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts