Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out riding the ATV today. People love this thing. Everywhere I went, they ask about it or I catch them looking....... at the trail head, the car wash & the gas station. :pepper:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That trailer with 2 ATVs weighs in around 2200 lbs. & the Nitro pulls it & stops it easily. Even pulled it thru the snow easily this winter!
I'll be pulling a 4k lb. boat with the Nitro pretty soon. That should be a test!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
That trailer with 2 ATVs weighs in around 2200 lbs. & the Nitro pulls it & stops it easily. Even pulled it thru the snow easily this winter!
I'll be pulling a 4k lb. boat with the Nitro pretty soon. That should be a test!

If It's not too much trouble, Might I ask if you could PM me when you've done this and let me know how it turns out?

I am considering replacing my 1500 Silverado with the Nitro R/T, and will be using it to tow my boat, and ATV Trailers....

Thanks,

-TheChad

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure. I'd bet there will be several of us towing boats soon so there will be some talk online about it.
So what is the tow capacity of the 1500? I assume it's a V8? Seems like it would be a bit higher than the Nitro.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Sure. I'd bet there will be several of us towing boats soon so there will be some talk online about it.
So what is the tow capacity of the 1500? I assume it's a V8? Seems like it would be a bit higher than the Nitro.
Yeah It's a 4.7L V8, I am sure the towing cap is higher than the Nitro, But It Drinks gas when towing, and The problem I have is stopping. I'm not sure why, but it seams like Chevy put too small of brakes on the 01' Silverado 1500's, because My Boat isn't that heavy, but the truck doesn't stop well when towing...

-TheChad

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys,
One thing, I'd be damn sure to have trailer brakes if your pulling more than about 3000 lbs with the Nitro. I haven't done it yet, but I can't imagine you want to bake your rotors stopping all that weight by itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.