Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It shouldnt, they are all basically the same width. It is even shorter than both of them, which should make it look MORE wide. So why does it appear thinner? I can't figure it out, maybe if I had direct front views to compare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im getting my sources direct from hummer, hummer.com says 85.5" ... 73.7" is the HEIGHT on the hummer..check out hummers site
The width of the H2 is 81", the width of the H3 is clearly not 85".

Its 73" as are all those compared here:

http://www.autos.com/autos/comparer...2B0,USB70JDS014B0,USB70HUS051A0,USB70TOS172A0

The question is, why do those look wide and the Nitro thin? The only thing I can think of is the Nitro body (esp. front bumper) extends much further down, so it appears taller.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
i dont know what is up with the numbers, several sites list the h3 has 85.5" yet hummers own site shows h2 as 81"..

anyways...i dont consider my nitro thin...but the nitro gets a lot of its width from the wide fender flares which the h3 and fj dont particular have and that accounts for a good foot to the width..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyways...i dont consider my nitro thin...but the nitro gets a lot of its width from the wide fender flares which the h3 and fj dont particular have and that accounts for a good foot to the width..
thats probably it, the hood, windshield and roof are probably way under 73 inches wide, so it actually IS thin compared to the more squat FJ and H3.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
No doubt that's why Dodge put the exaggerated wheel flares on the Nitro... to beef up the stance a little more. Can you imagine how shallow it would look with basically straight sides? When I look at my neighbors Range Rover I can see how they get away with a smaller flare... it's because the body is so much bigger. I really think Dodge got it right. An in your face Range Rover look, comfortable for 5... and good mpg! And at a good price point!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.