Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all been a while. I just did a mod o my Nitro. thought I'd let you all know about it.
I went to a pick-n-pull got a roof rack of a old body style jeep Cherokee sport. It fits in the small space that we have to mount crossbars I had to drill and cut holes out to mount the frame rails to the Nitro 4 holes each side bought new nuts 6mm x1.0 used larger washers and ground them down to fit in the hole to make a more secure fit. you will have to cut the back cross bar to fit about 1.5 inch off the bar. make sure to take out the plastic piece install cross bars before you tighten down the rails to the Nitro. looks good and only cost about 30.00 with luggage rack and nuts and washers. will load pics if people are interested. beat buying the crossbars from dealer for 250.00 or 180.00 on amazon

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
i'd like to see some pics.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Pics would be cool!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Nice. I found a set of cross bars on Craigslist. Once a week, I do a Nitro search. I've found weather mats, cargo area mat, stock tire tread Nitro mats, crossbars, and front mask bra. I bought the crossbars, but I really doubt I'll ever use them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pics of this would be great! :)

Cy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice. I found a set of cross bars on Craigslist. Once a week, I do a Nitro search. I've found weather mats, cargo area mat, stock tire tread Nitro mats, crossbars, and front mask bra. I bought the crossbars, but I really doubt I'll ever use them.
if you decide not to use them, Id very much like to get a hold of a set myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts