Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Nitro last week SXT 4X4 Inferno Red

I just love the drive and the looks,but I'm concerned about the door edge's.It would be nice not to chip the paint on the edge.Looking for something that doesn't look like it was "stuck" on after the fact.
I've seen some 3M clear vinyl strips online,just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

jp:beerchug:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Mine is also Inferno Red. One of the first things I did was go down to the local Autozone and buy the black door edge molding. the strips are about 27" & probably @ a quarter inch wide. They are really inobtrusive & blend in with the SLT trim pretty well. In fact, a couple of my friends have remarked about "it looking like it is original equipment" & that they wish they were smart enough to do the same thing when their vehicle was new. And, hey, it was only 4 bucks for two strips. Hope this helps. My best!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that sounds like it should work.

I just got some clear bumper from an online supply company. Its 14 mil thick urethane film.

I'll give it a try-if it works I'll let everyone know-and if it don't I'll really let everyone know!:beerchug:

jp

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did the same on my Sunburst Orange. Pep Boys sells in long lengths that come in a box. I put the stuff on all my cars, and it looks great I think. I will get a picture of it on mine so everyone can see.

Mine is also Inferno Red. One of the first things I did was go down to the local Autozone and buy the black door edge molding. the strips are about 27" & probably @ a quarter inch wide. They are really inobtrusive & blend in with the SLT trim pretty well. In fact, a couple of my friends have remarked about "it looking like it is original equipment" & that they wish they were smart enough to do the same thing when their vehicle was new. And, hey, it was only 4 bucks for two strips. Hope this helps. My best!

·
Registered
144 Posts
That's exactly it, if you only put it on the part of the edge that will really come in contact with stuff, it looks like half a job. By running it the whole length, it still covers the one section that would coming in contact with stuff, but it looks more complete. Thanks for the kind words!

Looks good Marauder. Going down the entire length of the door makes it now look like an add on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Paint chips on rear fender flares!

:wavey:I made the dealership put on some chrome door guards and I have the chrome side steps and chrome accents and it looks great. Still wondering what I can get to protect those rear plastic fenders from paint chips from the stones. I haven't even taken it home from the deaership or paid for it yet, as when I went to pay for it, I found chips on both rear fenders and told them to fix it and put on front mud flaps as they did on the back. They also said this was not a problem with Nitro's but I'm reading it all over this forum. :i_rolleyes:It looks like they should have made wider fender flares to catch those stones before they hit.:Na_Na_Na_Na::eek::Na_Na_Na_Na:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.