Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro 4.0 R/T and none of the automatic power locks work, with key or manually. Anyone have an ide why?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Do you have only have one key?
Are all the fuses ok?
With car open ,with battery removed from Fob, do the door solinoids activate ,do they Unlock?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have only have one key?
Are all the fuses ok?
With car open ,with battery removed from Fob, do the door solinoids activate ,do they Unlock?
I had a new key made and programmed, checked all fuses and they was good, could not determine if there is a relay for this due to several other sites telling me there was not. i replaced the door and window master on drivers door, still no locks working with key or manual activation

Reactions: Scar0 and Nitrogen

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Does the passenger side, front door pad unlock or lock the doors?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M38 is the main fuse for the door lock, unlock motors, maybe its missing ?
check if the front and rear washers work ok,
Front and rear washers work fine, although, when i pull the washer lever towards me it locks the back gate

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
Front and rear washers work fine, although, when i pull the washer lever towards me it locks the back gate
What!? That is a first one here on the forum. That should spray the windshield, and wipe it a few times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What!? That is a first one here on the forum. That should spray the windshield, and wipe it a few times.
yes I thought it to be a bit unusual myself. For the life of me I could not figure out how the back gate kept getting locked when niether the key control or manual control would lock or unlock it. It does spray and wipe a few times but it also locks my tailgate.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
it is possible that someone has wired the tailgate to lock this way, because when the door locks fail and you have to manualy lock all the doors there is no easy way to lock the tailgate,

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,883 Posts
it is possible that someone has wired the tailgate to lock this way, because when the door locks fail and you have to manualy lock all the doors there is no way of locking the tailgate,
You can manually lock and unlock the gate using the small white knob in the access panel. Rotate 1/16 th. turn clockwise unlocks it, 1/16 th turn counterclockwise locks it.
It is the one not circled in this Pic from another thread.

But back to the question.
How is the fuse Nitrogen mentioned above?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is possible that someone has wired the tailgate to lock this way, because when the door locks fail and you have to manualy lock all the doors there is no easy way to lock the tailgate,
To be honest with you, I am not sure about anything that might have been done before i purchased it. Now ALL doors lock when i pull the wiper spray arm back, so far I have not ran into anything that unlocks any of them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can manually lock and unlock the gate using the small white knob in the access panel. Rotate 1/16 th. turn clockwise unlocks it, 1/16 th turn counterclockwise locks it.
It is the one not circled in this Pic from another thread.

But back to the question.
How is the fuse Nitrogen mentioned above?
Thank you for the info but I figured out how to unlock it manually. Its a bit of a pain but at least i can unlock it and know it does lock. The fuse is good. I went ahead and replaced it anyways but no change in anything

1 - 14 of 14 Posts