Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a nice set of aluminum door lock pins on Ebay today.
The price was reasonable ($20). My only question is how do you remove the existing ones? I tried today to see if they would unscrew and it doesn't seem as if they will.
Has anybody replaced theirs? If so what did you have to do to remove the old ones and how easy was it? Thanks.

· Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Okay JN, they do unscrew but they are tight. Start with the doors unlocked and the pin up. You'll need to use a cloth to prevent your fingers from slipping and maybe two hands. When you see the white bottom of the pin appear push the pin down and then unscrew fully. The bottom of the pin is a hex shape and is the same size as the hole, but will pull through. Assembly is just the opposite....:)

· Registered
527 Posts
This was one of my first mods on the Nitro but I bought the chrome pins. As mentioned above they just unscrew and screw the new ones on. Just a note about swapping them. The stock ones are coated (rubberized) to reduce noise. With the chrome ones they are loud when you lock or unlock all four.

· Registered
20 Posts
I saw a nice set of aluminum door lock pins on Ebay today.
The price was reasonable ($20). My only question is how do you remove the existing ones? I tried today to see if they would unscrew and it doesn't seem as if they will.
Has anybody replaced theirs? If so what did you have to do to remove the old ones and how easy was it? Thanks.
Can you post the link in order to see how they look? thanks

· Registered
573 Posts
Yea, but it's funny how talk of door pins didn't start popping up until I posted pics in the "I Got My Katzkin!" thread. Not too mention, I think I got a PM from you about the pins, then you say in your initial post opening "I saw a nice set of aluminum door lock pins on Ebay today.":rolleyes:

Thank God I stay original.... whew! It's all good though, I'm flattered.

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, but it's funny how talk of door pins didn't start popping up until I posted pics in the "I Got My Katzkin!" thread. Not too mention, I think I got a PM from you about the pins, then you say in your initial post opening "I saw a nice set of aluminum door lock pins on Ebay today.":rolleyes:

Thank God I stay original.... whew! It's all good though, I'm flattered.
I'll clear things with you before I do any more mods. :Na_Na_Na_Na:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.