Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a 2007 Nitro and a few month back I noticed the door locks were not automatically locking anymore. Then about a month ago the fob would only unlock the doors but not lock them. I tried both fobs but again neither would lock the doors, they would only unlock them. We replaced the battery and reset the clock and all that stuff but the door lock issue remains a problem. Can someone give me a heads up as to how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Hi,
do you have any other electrical issues ?, wipers,washer,lighting, horn, windows, etc

Reactions: Scar0

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Nitrolover362. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Fuses OK?

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also been experiencing the same issues but on and off for about 24 months. Some days the fob will lock/unlock it perfectly and other days there's no chance. Having an American model that was converted for Australian users is a nightmare too because they didn't bother to change the keyhole from the passenger side to the driver's so if I manually unlock the door with the key it sets the alarm off and I have to jump over and quickly get the key in the ignition. I have also noticed this central locking issues seems to be weather related, particularly cold weather for me is worst but I have seen some people saying that hot weather affects their Nitros. I thought it may have just been the fob going flat but while sitting in the drivers seat the other day with the door open I repeatedly locked and unlocked the door until the issue occured (which only took about 3 clicks) and it was at this point I noticed that not only was the fob non responsive but so was the actual lock/unlock button on the door control, no matter how many times I pushed it it did absolutely nothing. I like many others am pretty desperate to fix this issue as I currently have to leave my car completely unlocked or go through the embarrasment of setting off the alarm and climbing over the passenger seat, there's gotta be a clear fix for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts