Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Doors Unlock On Their Own

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Lisaquintero2 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 nitro and recently my lights will
Flash like they do when you unlock or lock your car and the doors become unlocked. It’s happens periodically and has allowed my car to be broke into during the night. We have disconnected the battery and reconnected it. It has been to the dealership and they can not get it to read a error code to be fixed. Please help
Me!

#2 ·
Hi caroline grimes and Welcome,

the first thing to check is the keyfob, it sounds like the unlock button is faulty, it has happened to a member before,
maybe try another keyfob (if you have one ) or remove the keyfob battery for a few days and see if the issue persists.

#14 ·
Hi caroline grimes and Welcome,

the first thing to check is the keyfob, it sounds like the unlock button is faulty, it has happened to a member before,
maybe try another keyfob (if you have one ) or remove the keyfob battery for a few days and see if the issue persists.
It has been at the dealership for several days now and they can’t figure out the problem. I have introduced them to all the suggestions I have heard or read here and they keep going back to the computer would give them a code. I’m at a total loss at this point.
My dodge nitro is doing the same thing I have new batteries in my key fobs and the doors will unlock on their own when I walk away and they had lights start flashing I am afraid my car is going to get broken into sometimes it will not lock I have to press it several times I have a brand new alternator and brand new battery I know there was a recall on the totally Integra gated power module in 2007 I am going to be calling about

#7 ·
Hello and welcome @caroline grimes,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
Looks like Nitrogen has you covered...
Funny unrelated story. My Nitro fob sets off my Mom's Subaru car alarm when I lock my doors. LOL

I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make, under my Ape Avatar;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
Or alternately you could put it in your signature...

Reactions: JPthekid and dk1677
#10 ·
Hi Caroline, we just had the same issue going on with our 2011. I would lock it and it would literally unlock itself, some time with in seconds other times it took a bit. I came out of the grocery store to find it fully unlocked and the Windows down. We changed the fob we were using as well as the battery’s in both fobs. This seems to have solved the issue for us. Though I have to say it did feel like it might be possessed when you lock it and then watch it unlock itself. It was like a 3 year old having a tantrum.

#12 ·
when looking into problems eliminate the easy first, check your nitro's battery see if connections are tight then see if it has more than a surface charge ( get it tested )
I have never charged a fob battery before ( look forward to it I guess ), but have had a dyeing battery unlock my doors.
hope the guys and gals on here have been some help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.