Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest issue is the fact that the car doors won't lock when you press the lock buttons on the car doors, or when you use the key fob (yet for some reason I can unlock with no problem). I have to manually lock all the doors when this happens, however I am unable to lock the hatch/back door at all because it doesn't have a lock built into it! So no matter what, everything in my car is at risk of theft because I can never fully lock my car. This creates a safety issue for sure.
I read online to call the Vehicle Safety Hotline: 888-327-4236 and report the problem. They took a thorough statement and I feel they can make some headway on the issue if more people report it. Please call them if your locks don't work! This is a very common problem and more people need to report it so it can be recalled.
If you know of someone else to contact, please let me know! Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am at the dodge dealership now to get my oil change. I told the adjuster about my issue with the rear passenger door not locking or unlocking. Even though i did purchase extended warranty and the part might be covered, it is a $200 diagnostic fee if not covered by my warranty. I will be looking into how to change it myself and what the problem can be within the next few weeks when i am ready to tackle the job..

·
Lighting Guru!
3,633 Posts
Have you tried to reset your vehicles computers by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for at least 10 minutes?
This will reset the computers of the vehicle.

Do neither of the locking buttons in the vehicle work? Meaning both the passenger and driver sides? Have you replaced the battery in your key fobs?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
For the OP is sounds like the internal relay for the lock function, in the TIPM, went bad. Only solutions are a new TIPM, or tear apart the TIPM you have, and solder in a new relay.

mrkemp00 That is kinda a high Diag fee. I'd try a different dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the OP is sounds like the internal relay for the lock function, in the TIPM, went bad. Only solutions are a new TIPM, or tear apart the TIPM you have, and solder in a new relay.

mrkemp00 That is kinda a high Diag fee. I'd try a different dealer.
Where would the internal relay be for the TIPM and does anyone know where one could get a new used TIPM. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
My newest issue is the fact that the car doors won't lock when you press the lock buttons on the car doors, or when you use the key fob (yet for some reason I can unlock with no problem). I have to manually lock all the doors when this happens, however I am unable to lock the hatch/back door at all because it doesn't have a lock built into it! So no matter what, everything in my car is at risk of theft because I can never fully lock my car. This creates a safety issue for sure.
I read online to call the Vehicle Safety Hotline: 888-327-4236 and report the problem. They took a thorough statement and I feel they can make some headway on the issue if more people report it. Please call them if your locks don't work! This is a very common problem and more people need to report it so it can be recalled.
If you know of someone else to contact, please let me know! Thanks.
We’re you able to fix the issues and what did you do to fix the issue ??? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts