Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got in my nitro and headed out and rolled down window and went to roll it up and dosent want too, sounds as if motor is moving something grinding/hear rattling too

any ideas??anyone else same issue?? also does anyone have part number for dodge to order window switches for driver side which you can control all windows??

plzz help thanks

·
Premium Member
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Sounds like the cable came off.
Check out or vendor here for the part you are looking for.
There have been others with the same type of issue here. Not a bunch, but there are threads about them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tomorrow moring ima start tearing down door panel and look into it, hopefully somehting simple... but also i just noticed where the shifter is the light dont go on when i turn on lights at night, wondering why?? cool ill look into vendors let me know if you guys have anymore ideas,

thanks scar0

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Bad bulb would be my guess on the light.
But if you decide to take a look, disconnect the Neg(-) battery cable first! Then wait 10 minutes.
One of the airbag controllers is under there. You don't want this to happen!

For the door panel removal, Here is the way..... Post 2.
For the "carrier plate" removal see this post. (It's for the rear, but they are similar.)

If it is the cables, you have your work cut out for you. The dealer only sells the "carrier plate" as a whole. They do not sell the individual parts. As far as the cable routing goes, because the dealer only sells the carrier plate as a whole, there is not a diagram in the SM for them.
You will have to take the other door apart to see the routing and then try to get them back on. Another option would be to find either a Nitro in a junk yard or some kind of after market comparable parts.
I wish you luck in your endeavor. :smileup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks for the heads up scar0, this just happend to me today actually on the back door. the cable came off the pully i took the door apart and couldnt figure it back out again. have an appointment for monday at dodge. im going to feel this one im sure.

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Yep, like I said before, they only sell the unit as a whole, they do not sell the parts.
It is called the "Carrier plate".
You could take the other side off and see how the cable is routed & attempt to put it back togeather... As long as none of the parts are broken you should be able to do it.
Did you disconnect the exterior handle and the latch from the "shut face"?
Here is the way

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah ima try and straighten out the cable and go from there and see if i can put it back on the pulley and see if it works hopefully it does.. we will see. i will take some more pics as it comes along.... as far as door handle no i didnt even want to mess with it,, i thnk i have to take that off to get the carrier plate off i thnk.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well i know its been a while lol gonna fix window soon, i found window regulators on ebay and amazon for 45 bucks, is that all i need?? says it comes with cable motor etc,

ans second ?? my driver window swithes arent working for passanger or back, which after market place sells them???

and my lights are off my my shifter arent lighting up any ideas??

anyone order these window regulator kits and install themselves?? dodge wants way way too much

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
ok well i know its been a while lol gonna fix window soon, i found window regulators on ebay and amazon for 45 bucks, is that all i need?? Only you will know this. says it comes with cable motor etc,

ans second ?? my driver window swithes arent working for passanger or back, which after market place sells them??? No. I have not see any aftermarket place that sells them. Dealer only. Check the connections first at the drivers controller.

and my lights are off my my shifter arent lighting up any ideas?? See post 4 in this thread, and below.

anyone order these window regulator kits and install themselves?? Folks have replaced the carrier plate assembly that dodge sells, as far as I know, no one has just replaced the motor and cable. dodge wants way way too much
I have answered your questions above in Red.
To check the bulb for the shifter, Disconnect the Neg(-) battery cable, wait 10 minutes, then pop off the shifter cover plate (it is held on by 4 metal clips, about 1/2" from each corner, on the long side. Be careful when removing it, the plastic holes the clips are inserted into are not very strong. Dealer broke one of mine doing the H28 hand brake recall.
Circled in the below Pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the heads up scar0, this just happend to me today actually on the back door. the cable came off the pully i took the door apart and couldnt figure it back out again. have an appointment for monday at dodge. im going to feel this one im sure.
Take off the other side to compare the 2, you'll be able to see a mirror image of the broken side. Easy peasy!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts